- Whiskybase ID
- Samaroli (Sa)
- Stated Age
- 41 years old
- Number of bottles
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Dec 2012 12:55 pm
16 × in wishlist
30 × member ratings
34 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Coilltean 1965 Sa
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.75 points
- Aaah the Wonders of Paxarette... Thank you Mr. Samaroli for this GREAT drop!!
- What an elegant blend, toffee tropical fruits vanilla, a hint of smoke some nuts, maybe the best blend I have tried
- Very good stuff! Too bad it was just a sample...
Fresh, rich, fruity notes, tropical fruits, ripe bananas, touch of vanilla
Oily, waxy, very creamy, nice oak wood, touch of leather, citrusy, cooked oranges and dried fruits, nutty, subtle sweetness
Medium long and warm
- A great blended malt. Rich and dry. Reminds me of excellent old Armagnacs too.
Elegant sherry nose. Prunes, figs, raisins, spices, leather, tobacco, coffee. Light underwood notes (earth and mushroom). A veil of smoke. With time, a few exotic notes.
Attack on dry sherry with dark chocolate, leather, tannins and a light earthy peat. Afterwards more fruits with dried fruits, oranges, berries, exotic notes. Slightly syrupy. Spicy oak. Tobacco. Hints of smoke.
Medium. Lingering smoke, fruits, spices and earthy notes.
- Lucky me I could get hands on a full bottle finally - it's a fantastic blend - increased my rating