85.40/100
Strength
13 Dec 2012 2:53 pm
Cask StrengthSingle Cask Whisky

Whisky Reviews for Tobermory 17-year-old Dd

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.40 points

1. ezioaudit scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

2. peatbogger scored this whisky 86 points Specialist

Don't know if it's PC, but I would classify this as a "latino" whisky; hot and fiery, yet nice and sweet ;-)

3. peatbogger scored this whisky 86 points Specialist

An intriguing and interesting dram. I think much of my facination with it comes from the 59,5% kick.

Have no idea how it handles water, as this was a sample from karloff that I chose to enjoy neat.
      Nosing it right after pouring was like jamming a Snickers bar up my nostrils, all pleasant though. Thick caramel fudge and nuts covered with chocolate.

However this fades substancially after a short while and I find something that remind me of an old library with chesterfields and a cigar ashtray on a mahogeny coffee table.

Also something like burnt citrus zest.

ABV felt gentle until I got too eager and too close to the liquid.
    • Taste
      Sweet, almost sugary, reminds me a lot of dark rum.

The high ABV is not breathtaking but make it hot and warming.

It's not a spicy hotness as it subsides rather quikly and I get some drying burnt rubber notes.
      Close to a medium length and probably the high ABV that make it slightly dry, with lots of barley in chocolate, and surprisingly a twist of olive on the death.

4. karloff scored this whisky 88 points Specialist

Just couldn't do wrong on this for what I paid for it , really pleased with it and I will certainly be checking out what else Dream Drams has to offer .

5. karloff scored this whisky 88 points Specialist

This took me by surprise , it was different but excellent and I quickly made my way down the bottle .
      Caramalised nuts , fudge , molasses , dates , some old dark furniture , silage , an old car tyre and some cigar smoke . Some weird stuff in there but it all comes together nicely .
    • Taste
      Quite sweet and smooth , ginger cake , brown sugar , tinned prunes , dark chocolate , raisins and German rye bread . It certainly doesn't taste like a high strength until it hits you .
      It has a medium to long chocolate nut finish with some brown sugar on the death .