- Single Malt
- Samaroli (Sa)
- Sherry Wood
- 16 / 17
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 Dec 2012 10:03 pm
17 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
23 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 1971 Sa
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.57 points
- Perfectly balanced whisky from those years. Silvano Samaroli old school.
- Typical 60s70s MacAllan with a hint of smoke, brilliant!
- Actually a really great whisky. I think this one is probably much underestimated.
Sweet sherry and toffee, dried fruits, plums, wood notes, coffee, surprising touches of smoke
Smooth and balanced, some sherry wood notes, subtle sweetness, some toffee and chocolate notes, dried fruits, actually quite peaty and smoky for a Macallan, even some fine leathery notes show up
Medium and warm
- In the second tasting I noticed that this Macallan is much more peaty and smoky than any other Macallan I had so far. It's still rather subtle but clearly different. Probably it came out more after the bottle was opened for a few days. In addition to that there comes the typical sherry sweetness. Fantastic whisky.
- Tasting Notes by Malt Maniac Ho-cheng YAO:Dark brown color, reach malt with chocolate, plum, sweet, thick and firm body, nice and probably one of the best old Macallan style. Good to enjoy my vintage malt.