- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Matusalem Sherry Finesse
- Matusalem Oloroso Sherry Finish
- Number of bottles
- 42.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 Sep 2008 10:52 am
23 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
33 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalmore 1974
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 94.09 points
- This whisky was sold in scotch whisky auctions on December 2018 for £3000
- Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Well balanced, smoke, spice with crushed black pepper. Freshly cut fruits; orange, honeydew melon and pomegranate, malt.
Palate: Soft. White peach, apricot, orange zest, chocolate. Dried peels, nutty, anise, turmeric, pepper.
Finish: Chocolate, fruit salad, sherry, nutty and oily.
- Producer`s Tasting Notes"Nose: Intense orange
zest with hints of African cinnamon, Swiss chocolate and ripe bananas
from the tropics. Classic tones of liquorice, crushed ripe apples and
rich Java coffee drift softly in the background.
Complex fusion of flavors offer Seville orange peel and bitter Swiss
chocolate with notes of dried fruits and walnuts from our single, robust
30 year old Matusalem Oloroso sherry butt."
- A new addition to the 'Rare & Prestigious' series from Whyte & Mackay, this new Dalmore has been aged in casks that previously held Gonzalez-Byass's stunning sherries. The whisky started life in 'Apostoles' Palo Cortado casks, before spending its last five years in 'Matusalem' Oloroso sherry butts. (The Whisky Exchange)