- Single Malt
- The Whisky Mercenary (TWM)
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Number of bottles
- 57.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 Dec 2012 10:38 pm
2 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
48 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlossie 1992 TWM
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.90 points
- Tasted at the L&B whisky weekend 20-1-2018.
- Neat I'd give it 85 points, but with a few drops of water the finish improves significantly, so it gets raised to 86 :-).
Almost like a white wine at first; yellow grapes, some grassy tones as well, but then more yellow fruit coming through, golden delicious apples with an exotic touch: mango, maybe even some pineapple. Some vanilla custard there as well. Faintly in the background lingers a hint of dustiness.
Very buttery, almost creamy mouthfeel - after this the alcohol punch comes through. Yet very fruity again: apples notably, yellow raisins, but then the sweetness slowly changes into citrus (lemon) and then more bitter grapefruit. White pepper, together with a hint of eucalyptus. With water some vanilla is added tot the creamy mouthfeel.
Peppery spiciness really coming forward now, later on mixed with some sweet vanilla tones. It seems that with water the finish becomes a lot fuitier.
- Honest, very pure whisky, but for me it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi to push it to a higher level.
Fresh and clean, with especially lots of fruity notes. Think orchard fruits, like green apples and pears, although I also find a whiff of lemon rasp. Hints of freshly cut grass, but also straw, and some soft spices as well, like chili peppers. The plastic note I could've done without.
Naked stuff, pure spirit, not much wood. Quite spicy (those chilis again), but also some soft fruits, mainly of the citrus variety, as well as some pineapple. The mouthfeel is quite creamy too.
Peppery. Medium in length.
- It's a special whisky: the nose is quite pungent at this abv% which gives a bit fruitiness. The tastes is varnish-y fruit-y and the finish more fruity then in the pallet. Strange whisky, but I quite like it! Need to try this distillery more
- Tasted during BYOB dinner from WCY .....
- from whiskyfun.com on 2016-04-25
Glenlossie 20 yo 1992/2012 (57%, The Whisky Mercenary) Colour: straw. Nose: these whiffs of new plastic pouch again, then apples and green plums. Some pears, touches of cloves, hints of caraway and fennel. With water: I had never thought I’d find plastic and soap okay in malt whisky. Mouth (neat): barley water, a touch of varnish, Spanish apple liqueur, a drop of crème de menthe. With water: more of all that, plus a wee varnishy side. Finish: medium, with a little lemon. Comments: not the easiest session I’ve ever done, it seems. Unless we start to intellectualise things a bit – but I guess we’d better not. SGP: 451- 79 points.