- Single Malt
- The Vintage Malt Whisky Co Ltd. (VM)
- Bottling serie
- The Cooper's Choice
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Heavily Peated
- Added on
- 06 Dec 2012 8:06 pm
0 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
33 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caperdonich 1998 VM
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.97 points
- Peated Caperdonich, very rare and very strange indeed. I personally prefer the fruitier Capers, but it's fun to taste. Tnx for the sample Addy!
Starts with smoked ham. Sweet-sour farmy notes of horse stable. Followed by seaweed and iodine. But also flowery notes. Camomile.
Dry peat with a lemony twist. Malty notes and some cereal. Cut grass and fresh lime. Bitterness of grapefruit later on. A little thin in my view though.
Medium long. Lightly smoky with a salty edge.
- Tasting notes of blind tasting I was absolutely positively surprised, had typed on one of Islay and some older
Salt, smoke, peat, honey, wine
Hospital flavors, flowers and something old, balanced, full-bodied
Nice persistent with smoke
- the only peated caper i had so far. nose; Peat, banana's, grass
taste; this is Nice!!, sweet and peat.fruits like green melon, lemon, green banana, aples , pineaple and peat.
such a pitty ; why isnt this bottled on cask strenght??
a bit thin now on 46% i'm sure on cask strength this would be fantastic
- This is a peated version of the Caperdonich. It is quit sharp and is a bit nervous, but it`s fruity and smoke at the same time.