- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice
- Refill Sherry Butts
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Old Map Label
- Added on
- 04 Sep 2007 12:26 am
7 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
29 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caperdonich 1968 GM
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.95 points
- Light, flagrant, quite strongly alcoholic, a little bit bitter. Not a great classic to be honest.
- Easy to drink, 46% ABV is pleasant, and the oak is solid beside the fruitness.
Flowers, honey, vanilla and orange.
Refined. Forest fruits, caramel, honey and gentle oak. Touch of pepper and chili.
- A good easy drinking Caper, sure its only 46% but I think that works well here.
A solid 90 points
Vanilla, caramel, wafer, biscuit, some herbal/floral notes, a little honeycomb.
Quite punchy for 46% with a few initial bitter notes mixed in with a toffee sweetness.
Pastrami, caramel, soft spices with some oak notes.
Medium length, soft with some melon at the end
- Ingenious full Sherrymalt, well if I would find the one for the 150, - on the basis of: ')
Vinous, berries, compote, dark honey, nice hint of anise behind
Mouthwatering in the true sense of the word, so rarely seen in 46%, dark fruit, berries, orange peel, spicy oak, leather, very full
Long, Btiterorange and berry bushes remain in the throat
- A pretty Caperdonich, not stunning but nice. Despite his simplicity, he does not deny his age.
Light, but aromatic. Candied orange and even orange blossom, raisins, but delicate, far from the big armada of sherry monster, pear, barley sugar and some cut grass. Not a stunning complexity, but pleasant.
Quite delicate, but not too light, well balanced, with nice notes of bitter orange, green apple, malt, some spices (ginger, nutmeg) and a controlled oak bringing a bitterness of good quality.
Quite long, woody but without stifling the tangy taste of orange and green apple.
- I am glad that that G&M bottled this one at 46% and not at 40% or 43%. Good and recommendable whisky although there are even better ones from this distillery available.
Aromatic: Oranges, honey and hay. Light, balanced and clean.
Smooth and very pleasant to enjoy. Malty, vanilla, Fresh wood, mild chili and white pepper.
Medium long, malty, spicy and warming. Balanced and clean.