- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Giovinetti & Figli import
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 Sep 2008 3:31 pm
10 × in wishlist
114 × member ratings
321 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 07-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.28 points
- This bottle was an ebay purchase. I had been emailing over a few weeks with this guy from Riverside, Ca. USA and he agreed to meet me and do the exchange. He was a traverler who found rare bottles in duty free airports. Good find for the collection and cool guy too. Havent opened it though, anyone no what this tastes like?
- Sure it's an older bottling, but I am not sure if this is better than the standard 12 year old. It is a pleasant whisky with a nicely fruity sherry core, but just not complex enough for me to want to buy full bottle. From an full, official 5cl miniature.
- Very nice!
Toast with strawberry jam. Fresh, sweet saw dust. Toffee.
Dry. Hot on the tongue. Orange marmelade. Maple syrup. Ginseng tea with lemon.
Nice, sweet and lasting.
- The aroma gives expectations to all the flavors. A great young Macallan who's got a lot to offer.
Soft, malt, sherry, young, apples, citrus, dried apricots very volatile.
Sweet, dried fruit, warm, round and very pleasant.
Dry with fruity wine influences, firm and slightly drying
- Pleasant, light, not 'ripe'.
The different layers are not well connected.
On the nose slender, smooth in the taste, at the finish much oak wood and a little 'sticky'.
Tasting with FineSpirits_butler1.
Apples, apple pastry, custard, alcohol - going into gasoline, nuttiness, oak with grapes, light caramel, idea white wine, idea cotton candy, almonds, dark chocolate, milk coffee, wood, small green grapes, fruit bars ('Heinerle'), subtle clue sherry, fruit tea, something baked (wood), spice, oak clear with a slight spice, subtle clue cherries, orange juice, caramel wood, slightly fermented pineapple, Sherry is somewhat clearer, idea 'Viss'-abrasive, a drop of included wine vinegar, some pleasant floral components, tobacco leaf, idea Sulfur
Apples, citrus acidity, Sherry (first bitter, then becoming sweet and fruity), tartness of the wood emerges, sweet, coffee powder, sweetness of honey, tobacco leaf, cocoa powder, later nuttiness, idea peas
Wood (from the Sherry cask), citrus, vanilla bean, apples in alcohol, grape stems, some 'hot', dry wood (wood dust), distinct tartness, you can feel the young age, idea vodka, unseasoned popcorn, vanilla sauce, later more round, rye bread, herbes (sage-like), Clove, gets more dry (dry paper)
- N: sherry, creamy chipolata, almond paste dried fruits, dark chocolate, dates, pepper and some smoke
T: spicy, wood, some rubber, oily, yellow raisins and floral
F: sweet sugar, vanilla/custard, medium spicy - pepper and later bitter fruits - orange, apple and citrus
sample from www.whiskysample.nl