- Single Malt
- The Distillers Agency (TDA)
- Bottling serie
- The Golden Spirit of the Isle of Skye
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- big red 12, white srew cap
- Added on
- 26 Nov 2012 4:56 pm
8 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
44 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 12-year-old TDA
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.67 points
- Magnificent old bottling, great whisky!
Peat, seaweed, sherry, caramel, vanilla, pineapple, mango, pepper and salted minerals.
Salt, honey, sherry and exotic fruits. Peat, smoke and oak.
Long, salty, sweet and spicy.
- Amazing!! This note is for the Distillers Agency A.P.E. bottling for Italy.
Pineapple, mango, seaweed, honey, mint tea, light maritime breeze
Tonnes of tropical fruits, salt, tea, smoke, some vanilla, drop of honey
Light smoke, salt water toffee, fruit cocktail syrup, beautiful lingering finish
- N: Potent, thickish nose with a wide profile. Notes of old sherry with caramel-coffee-peas - that’s a combined note.
T: More old sherry and aged peat - all a bit flat but also equally a bit good.
F: Thinnish, oily-sherry with oysters, ginger sugar,… all consolidated ‘just so’. This one has probably aged in the bottle also.
C: Unfortunately rather a flat example, but a very good ole’ young one at any rate. Blog
Scores a B
- What a belter, just lovely.
This is out the top drawer.
Peat, seaweed, brine, shell fish, apple compote and hints of toffee.
Very refined even though the peat is evident. The mouthfeel is substantial and creamy. There is some fruit, plum and peach but its only faint.
There is a touch of honey and some spices.
Approaching long and very smooth with it.
- This Whisky was sold for 601 € at Whiskyauction in Feb. 2015
- A very nice dram that stayed longer in the bottle than in the barrel
Mild sweet vanilla with light peat, toffee and barley
Enters with a mouthful of taste, Mild and elegant but a lot of Vanilla and sherry tones slowly going towards mild spices
Medium long going from mild spices to a finale of lightly heated vanilla and honey
- Nice talisker from way back, on the nose its a bit spirity and has a short finish.