- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 53.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Netherlands Exclusive
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2012 3:15 pm
2 × in wishlist
45 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2002
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.53 points
- Very sweet, not exactly my cup of tea but well made.
Much sherry, on chocolate and sultanas, and to a much lesser extent the barley and a faint hint of vanilla and sugar
Quite sirupy and chewy, clearly PX matured, on sultanas and milk chocolate. Some dates too.
Slightly tannic, the sherry becomes less dominant, making some room for maltiness and vanilla
- Compared head-to-head to cask 2034, this one has more red fruit whereas that one has a clearer oak influence.
Berry jam, caramel fudge, vanilla, candy cane, raisin, menthol, pepper, liquorice and cinnamon.
Prune, cherry, raisin, toffee, milk chocolate, hazelnut, liquorice, pepper and clove. With water something like eucalyptus which is actually not beneficial to the taste, so better keep it neat.
Prune, chocolate, cherry, raisin, toffee, hazelnut, raspberry, pepper and mint.
- This is a great dram in my opinion. Never had a pure PX-cask before. Too bad I only bought one bottle but I hope the 2002 oloroso cask, bottled for whisky base will deliver as good as this one.
(tasting interval 88-91)
Dried dark fruits and spices typical for sherried whiskies, muscavado sugar, some coconut and dark chocolate. Sulfur? Maybe? I'm not particularly bothered.
dades, raisins, figs, dark roasted coffey beans, not as sweet as expected from the nose but really balanced. Some organic solvent appears but not in a bad way.
It's long and spicy with cinnamon, chili and dark fruit. Almost chocolate-chili combination. Excellent!
- One dram note - Extraordinary Glendronach. One of the best sherried whiskies I've drunk so far
Lots of sherry notes with dates and cocoa as the most prominent
Massive taste with liquorice, sweetness, raisins, more dates and sherry
Incredibly long. Like getting hit by a train filled with awesomeness