- Single Pot Still
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 20 Nov 2012 3:00 pm
11 × in wishlist
137 × member ratings
281 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Writer's Tears Pot Still
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.45 points
- A very special Irish blend.
soft sweetness, fruit, delicate vanilla;
in appearance clear ginger, oak, grain (bitterness), youth;
- Medium gold pour. Nose is light cereal grains, some light cream. Mouth is more spicy than expected up front, then soft grains, some grass. Feel is light and thin. Nice flavors going on but thin and a bit watered down.
- Punches way above its 40% ABV.
Lemon, pear, apricot, mild honey, berries.
Spun sugar, spice, lemon drops, pear. Spices build.
Billowing spices and spun sugar with a note of lemon candy.
- It is not my blood group, but it is well patentable within Ireland.
Typically an Irish perfume, as I know it, but fortunately, it's just a lighter and more tolerable form. Chocolate, mint, cinnamon, cloves, citrus, apples and pineapple. (83 b)
Tongue soft, slightly sweet, sweet chocolate, with dried bananas and pungent spiciness. It is a bit sparse but quite pleasant. (83 b)
- Warm and pastry with apples and almonds. Very light. In the mouth, soft and fluid, but pulling on the creamy, it lacks a little volume of aromas but it is very pleasant, even in the final, warm and very Irish in style. A nice surprise for a whiskey which I was expecting absolutely nothing. An excellent quality / price ratio.