- Single Pot Still
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 20 Nov 2012 3:18 pm
9 × in wishlist
118 × member ratings
234 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Writer's Tears Pot Still
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.67 points
- Medium gold pour. Nose is light cereal grains, some light cream. Mouth is more spicy than expected up front, then soft grains, some grass. Feel is light and thin. Nice flavors going on but thin and a bit watered down.
- Punches way above its 40% ABV.
Lemon, pear, apricot, mild honey, berries.
Spun sugar, spice, lemon drops, pear. Spices build.
Billowing spices and spun sugar with a note of lemon candy.
- It is not my blood group, but it is well patentable within Ireland.
Typically an Irish perfume, as I know it, but fortunately, it's just a lighter and more tolerable form. Chocolate, mint, cinnamon, cloves, citrus, apples and pineapple. (83 b)
Tongue soft, slightly sweet, sweet chocolate, with dried bananas and pungent spiciness. It is a bit sparse but quite pleasant. (83 b)
- Warm and pastry with apples and almonds. Very light. In the mouth, soft and fluid, but pulling on the creamy, it lacks a little volume of aromas but it is very pleasant, even in the final, warm and very Irish in style. A nice surprise for a whiskey which I was expecting absolutely nothing. An excellent quality / price ratio.
- A great nose (for the price), but that's it when it comes to upsides of this one. Too young and unbalanced.
This one reminds me of the Small Batch by Teeling a lot, a similar style of light, fruity summer dram. There are notes of lemon, pear, grape, apricot, pineapple and some sugar. Sweet and nice.
On the tongue it's slightly sweet at first, but the sweetness is taken over by the bitterness of wood/alcohol. Quite harsh, young and alcoholic. Not good.
Short, bitterish, woody and alcoholic.
- Simple but delicate and good
Fresh scent of apple, eucalyptus, honey, cinnamon and oat cakes
Delicate flavor of vanilla, apple pie, burned sugar, light baking spices
Light spice pops up, cinnamon, orange peel gives a bit of stubbornness to sweetheart