- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Distillers Agency (TDA)
- Bottling serie
- The Golden Spirit of the Isle of Skye
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- big red 12, white srew cap
- Bottled for
- Import by Ennio Pescarmona
- Added on
- 07 Nov 2012 7:34 pm
12 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
26 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 12-year-old TDA
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.33 points
- Fantastic dram ????
Sublime! Bright, fruity, with sweet peat. Not smoke, not phenolic, but sweet peat. There’s a sticky, pungent fruitiness that is just so special here. Passionfruit, white grapes, peach rose, a bit of mango. To be honest, there’s a bit of old macallan in here.
Just great. Bright and expressive. Sticky. A great combination of fruits and sweet peat. Sweet orange marmalade. Proof that you don't need high proof to be complex.
Ends like a dream. Love it.
- [February, 2004] I had this during the 5th Anniversary Tasting of MaRa at Limburg.
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 95.
notes state a salty nose on quince jelly and some peaty/smoky aromas. The taste is well rounded and sweet. It starts on dried peat, moves on to sweet and warming flavours and ends with a finger twist of salt. The finish is rather short. This was bottled before 1982. The line-up of this tasting was absolutely stunning:
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/764/ardbeg-ten-cask-strengthYes, this was flabbergasting even by the high standards of the early 2000's...