- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L15 N00
- Added on
- 21 Oct 2012 7:56 pm
4 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
221 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Oban 14-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.18 points
- Flat nose, not very much going on but getting better in taste and finish.
- The last time in the port of Oban tried. Of course that tastes very different. But here, too, without the Scottish trappings I like him very well. This is a pithy highlander with a gentle soul.
Some smoke, but discreet. Malt and some grapefruit. Smells good and makes you hungry for the first sip
Sweet and mild on the tongue. Very nice! Then some oak and smoke. Citrus flavors and something diffuse maritime. Still surprisingly soft - there is nothing burning on the tongue. Very pleasant mouthfeel.
Medium long, sweet and some citrus fruits. In addition the well fitting light smoke. That fits!
- You just have to try a simple old classic again sometimes.
Honey sweet, lightly smoky and floral.
Sweet starter but becoming soon spicier. Little oak and smoke with some citrus.
Medium sweet and citrus finish.
- For me a perfect daily dram!
Malt, Honey, Citrus, Oak, little Smoke
Balanced and smooth, little sweet. Oak, hints of Black Pepper, Caramel, Toffee
Medium finish, hints of Vanilla, little citrus
- Very sweet and fruity with background smoke. Didn`t like the balance at all.
- A classic!