- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- Kleine Licht
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Number of bottles
- 56.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 09 Sep 2008 3:50 pm
2 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
24 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1996 DD
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.04 points
- The nose is very fruity. The tropical fruits make me also wonder if this is really a bourbon cask. I got hints of apples and pears as well. The palet is very waxy and oily. I love it and again many layers of various fruits. The finish is of medium lenght with wonderfull oranges waxes and hint of oak. A wonderfull dram.
- An excellent mole, concentrated, dense, the fortress is absolutely not felt, no spirituoznosti - only perfectly fashioned extract from a basis and barrels strengthened by no means small fortress. Of the shortcomings, perhaps, only some imbalance - the barrel slightly crushed the actual Clynelish.
Dense, a mixture of traditional for Clynelish mineral component with rich wood tones (carpentry workshop, varnish, noble sorts of wood), grape-raisin notes, wax component.
Saturated, thick, sweet-woody, a mass of halftones, very deep.
Continuation of taste, warm, sweet, tender-bitter, prolonged.
- This is quite a mouth full of sherry for a "bourbon" barrel .... I am curious where the information comes from that this would have been a bourbon barrel.
- A lot of whisky and a lot of Clynelish, great whisky!
But wondering if this really is only a bourbon barrel... Due to color and taste.
- There is not mention on the label whatsoever that this has matured in a bourbon cask.
- This could very well pass through for a cask strength blended whisky. This is the second young (sherry cask matured?) Clynelish I've had so far that does not taste like anything much. Luckily I wasted only 50 € or so.