- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Bourbon and Sherry Casks
- 44.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Oct 2012 4:55 pm
13 × in wishlist
201 × member ratings
476 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura 21-year-old
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.78 points
- Very balanced nose, wood and fruit, then the influence of bourbon casks is felt. Sponge cake, vanilla, a trickle of smoke. The palate is very good, it's warm, stewed apricots, quince jam, smoked tea, but the finish is a little acidic.
- Already matured, but that certain something is missing.
Forest soil, red dried fruits, chocolate, herbs, light acid, subliminal vanilla
Strawberry juice, sour to slightly sparkling, chocolate, oak, dryness
Chocolate, sweet, light bitter, dry cheeks
- Just not my style of whisky
Apple, mint freshness, honey, rum soaked raisins
Lightly peated, oaly, petrol lamp, dark fruits, caramel
Slightly bitter peat, vanilla sweetness at the end
- N- Gentle and rounded. Bread crumb, fresh yoghurt, clove and chocolate. Embrace with a thin layer of fine sweet smoke. P- Fresh youghurt sourness bring forward delicious maraachino cherry,
honey and sweet fig. Whiff of fine leather and seasoned wood added depth
to the overall mouthfeel.
T- Smooth and medium long, tabacco leaf and light peppery hot remains.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Okayish but would not become my favorite Jura.
Old leather suit case, minerals, stone, oaky notes with sweetness and oaky and nutty notes
Punchy, oak wood, still a bit leathery, subtle sweetness and vanilla notes, again some minerals, a tad bitter from the oak
Medium and burning, little bitterness
- The nose is pretty mineral as a Jura should be. The palate is is different - rather vanilla and oak.
- N: Wood=malt sweet
T: Wood vanillas
F: More woody vanillas with some raisins on the finish
C: Benign but boring.
Scores a B-/C+