- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2012 10:15 pm
3 × in wishlist
49 × member ratings
126 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for White Oak Tokinoka
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 75.04 points
- Not much of this Japanese blended, it does not hold a candle to the Nikka from the barrel.
Strange aroma, it seems muffled, ripe fruit and sweet malt, green apple
On the palate it is creamy, sweet but not too much, elegant and balanced but without character
- Drinkable but quite unimportant. Could also be a Scottish blend of the 15-20 € class, but I do not have to spend in Japan and no 30 € / 0,5l.
mild and simple, honey, brown sugar, dead wood
Milk chocolate, a hint of dried fruit (but very little), has something mildly peppery-spicy, but without being spicy, feels rather thin in the mouth
short, some honey, then spicy bitter
- Nose sweet, slightly acetic, a little ether. Mouth of grain, bitter. Short final
- Disappointing after aeration (tasting on a bottle started a year and a half ago, 1 more point at the opening). Circumvented.
Alcoholic, ethereal, old wood, vanilla, sugar
smooth, easy, well done. On vanilla.
alcohol, sugar, wood
- Unpretentious, but nice enough.
green fruit, wood, spices, some alcohol.
vanilla, green fruit, orange, texture a little thick and pleasant.
short, a little drier, wood, spices.