- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Third Edition
- 41.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- "The Swedish Whisky" / Drawn Bottle (Version I)
- Added on
- 05 Oct 2012 6:40 pm
6 × in wishlist
63 × member ratings
141 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mackmyra Brukswhisky
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.90 points
- Tasted on 03-06-2020 at Whisky n More.
- Fairly simple and easy-drinking, a nice warm-up dram. Fresh and fruity on the nose, lots of apple, peach, toffee.
Palate is slightly thin but pleasant, more apples, raisins, some cinnamon spice.
Then a short-medium finish, the fruity sweetness fades to become peppery, with a bit of a solvent quality.
- feeling of herbs, flowery bouquet, malt, cereals
a non-negligible pastry chef
sweet back, like a candy syrup then a little minty freshness, and spices!
the week dram, simple and good!
- an easy to drink whisky that I certainly can charm
fresh fruity scents, very soft
fruity vanilla flavor with sour notes
short, soft pepper keys
- On the nose, almonds, grain, fresh grass, sweetness with creamy sensation!
On the palate, sensation of softness again, green fruits in the background, the spices diminished!
In the finish, the malt comes back with vanilla, very gently!
alcohol and spices make the sensation of a dram older than it seems!
- Made very young, but the mixture of cereals and flour is not so unpleasant. Good potential.
a mealy nose, with a little yeast, cereals. My god, this is all young. But the whole remains sweet, "a pillow of flour" (teddy bear!), Covered with hay. Vanilla and white wine notes with a little aeration.
Rather surprising. It is sweet, sweet, slightly oily (made quite dry), slightly acidic. We find especially vanilla, flour and yeast. A little young. Alcohol well integrated and made acceptable
Long for 41.4%, on wood, vanilla, yeast, maybe earth.
- My Review:
- Aroma: vanilla, citrus fruits, oak
Taste: vanilla, slightly dry, spicy
Finish: medium long, slightly bitter and dry