- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Release No. 4
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- First Fill Bourbon Casks
- 55.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Added on
- 06 Oct 2012 9:30 pm
24 × in wishlist
247 × member ratings
596 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Tempest
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.58 points
- It would have needed more fruit. There are always echoes, but they are too cautious for me. So this just remains a very decent peater. Full review (german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2020/07/07/bowmore-in-serie/
- ["Another brick in the wall" tasting session - n°19]
Now that's a very good young Bowmore ! And an OB one, at that !
After the Bowmore 15yo sherry OB, this one feels like a breath of fresh air, much more naked and pure. Some white flour and unripe mango.
Veeeeery nice palate really, superb alcohol integration, marinated ginger and various fruits, like unripe mango or pineapple indeed, very little peat per se.
Light tropical fruit juice.
- Powerful 1st fill bourbon Bowmore, it was a good series.
Tropical fruits, citruses, honey, vanilla, peat and bacon.
Powerful. Peat, matured oak, vanilla, salted caramel, citruses and pepper.
Long, fruity, oaky, peaty, spicy.
- Enthusiasm 4/5
Whisky n ° 1783
Bacon with honey at first nose! Some exotic fruits, which rise in power. Apples and vanilla. Clearly evokes an Irish.
The peat is more marked than the other batches that I have tasted, it seems to me, and it pulls towards incense. Soft and pleasant, fruity with woody notes that dry slightly.
Sparkling spices quite marked, beautiful length. Exotic notes of old lingering cognac!
- * Tasted it in June 2013 at a masterclass by Gordon Dundas ( Brand Ambassadeur of Bowmore, Auchentoshan and Glen Garioch) found some old notes.
- Horny bourbon smoke monster. No comparison to the very weak batch 6
- love the combination of the peat reek with those chewy sweetness's.
vanilla, peat, dirt, lemonjuice.
peat (reek), vanilla, caramel, brown sugar, licorice, salt.
salt, honey, earthy, seashore.