- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- The Nectar of the Daily Drams
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- 47.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Oct 2012 9:15 pm
11 × in wishlist
86 × member ratings
74 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardmore 1992 DD
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.60 points
- nicely balanced between the sweet and the peat. lot's of body, but overpowering
- Salt and discrete peat on the nose. Sweet, delicate and fresh. More and more fresh even with cereals that appear gradually with lemon and a hint of oak. In the mouth, it is the oak that dominates without crushing anything. Spices properly dosed. A creamy touch that does not sacrifice the freshness gained with the nose and a note of coffee that extends into the final. With water, white fruits come to complete the nose already so rich and in the mouth, it lacked only the toffee and honey of Speyside, well here they are! Enthusiasm 5/5
Nose: Sweet peat, although the whole contains energy. A mixture of orange, mint. The texture is granular. Soft caramel, a little rubber but always with that slightly citrusy citrus feeling. An Ardmore in all its splendor, generous, at maturity.
Palate: The peat is much more present. Always this sweet-acid, with a vegetable intake more or less important. Interesting pepper spice, but growing in intensity. The faint inclination, with honey, vanilla is transported by a very pleasant oily texture. Alcohol is a bit present but reasonably.
Finale: The balance is preserved, between this vegetal aspect that does not completely reach the bitterness and the fruity acidulous sweetness. A good dram, without being essential and at the same time a 2012 edition ... you still have to find some.
- There are beter Caol Ila’s.
- Light peat and fruit on the nose. Sweetness and caramel. On the palate, peat quite frank, ubiquitous spices, it spoils a little. His age, especially. Satisfactory final