- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The 1824 Series
- Sherry Oak Cask from Jerez, Spain
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 20 Sep 2012 7:25 pm
27 × in wishlist
285 × member ratings
796 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan Gold
55 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.86 points
- This bottle I have has a special meaning to me because I bought this from a friend who sadly passed away. Never the less it doesn't mean I'll give my full opinion on this one. Macallan really missed the boat when they launched the 1824 series back in 2009!
- Very simply knitted and unfortunately quite boring Macallan.
Light citrus notes, raw breakfast bacon, vanilla, a trace of fennel seeds.
Simple, mild and sweet with vanilla, malt and subtle citrus fruits.
Medium long, gentle finish again with malt and vanilla, with a hint of spice.
- Jim Murray has awarded 89.5 points to the Macallan Gold.
- Due to the relatively young age the "Macallan Gold" needs some oxidization to release it's potential and to reduce the rough edges it has right after opening.
A smooth, easy-drinking Single Malt.As usual with Macallan Whiskies, it costs at least 50% more than it should due to the "Brand"
light sherry,oranges,pears,leather,baked goods
oak bitterniss,light sherry,mint,caramel,raisins,
smooth and medium to long.
light to medium Body.
- I have already three times as a gift in the order. But the other two are living their lives on the shelf. Life is too short......
Something of everything but no one enough.
Hidden vanilla and a hint of caramel.
Dissociated from minimal citrus or is it just the peel? .... something flower meadow is hanging.
He starts pretty peppery. In the beginning also typical orange lemons. A touch of ginger.
But stays sweet.
The end is a rather chocolaty oak. Then he is already gone. Without impression.
- Good whisky. Definitely worth to taste. Value for money may not be optimal, as you get better whiskys for the price. (eg the related Macallan Amber).
Very pleasant smell in the much fruit comes through. Maybe a touch of peach.
Initially, the alcohol covers some of the taste. One tastes later but also much fruit (peach ?, apricot?). Finally spicy and the oak comes through.
Medium-length finish. It retains the fruit taste in the mouth for a longer time and a noticeable spicy oak.