69.91/100
Blended Grain
Strength
17 Sep 2012 10:40 pm

Whisky Reviews for Eddu Grey Rock

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 69.91 points

1. markjedi1 scored this whisky 66 points Connoisseur

A candy-like sweet grain that will set you back about 35 EUR. Nice to try on holiday in Brittany, I suppose, but otherwise I would leave it be.
      The nose is very light and floral with notes of vanilla and jasmin. A little bit of honey and some brown sugar. Very sweet, a bit over the top in my book.
    • Taste
      The body is quite pleasant. On the palate it is very sweet as well with notes of oranges and apricots, but it also has something chemical that reminds me a bit of medicine. Cough syrup, but the light colored one if you know what I mean. Not my cuppa.
      The finish is rather short with a note of cinnamon and even a slight saltiness that took me by surprise.

2. rb854 scored this whisky 76 points Expert Senior

It’s interesting to try new things, but it doesn’t always work out. I keep thinking of gin instead of whisky. The nose is the best part.
      Vanilla, candy like sweetness, fruity, oranges, plums, some spicy notes, cinnamon, juniper, new wood. More and more I get the idea of a fresh gin in my glass. There is some malt, some floral notes, grassy and green apples.
    • Taste
      Light and smooth, sweet, apples, a little pepper, a whiff of honey, again it’s “gin-like”, floral.
      Short, it’s gone before you even know it was there. There is a whiff of fruitiness and some woody notes.

3. ThS scored this whisky 50 points Expert Senior

One of the most strange whiskeys and tastes I've tasted.