- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Bulloch Lade & Co.
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottled for
- Zenith Italia
- Added on
- 27 Aug 2012 10:51 am
6 × in wishlist
16 × member ratings
9 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caol Ila 12-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.62 points
- A very nice example of Caol Ila. Let's you know that it is Caol Ila with all the aromas and flavors, and adds a nice elegance.
- A great example of old-style peaters, a complex and elegant nose, intense palate and a rather clean and simple finish.
Old style, a lot of OBE, some soft melon fruits. The peat here is gentle but muscular, bonfire-like and complex. A lot of briney noses as well.
Rich and powerful despite 43%, very minty and herbal, some bitter tannins, shoe polish. Very sweet then, still a lot of fresh-cut mints.
Long, very minty, dark chocolates. Clean and simple.
- This seems like a duplicate of the 2010 entry unless they are different bottling dates?
- http://kaypingers-whiskyblog.de/frontend/fullarticle.php?id=245 Color: straw yellow
Nose: Fresh, maritime mixture of lemons, limes, sea salt and hints of delicious vanilla. Sweet, ripe apples, mirabelle plums, marzipan and dry cardboard, with an intense peaty smoky note.
Taste: In the first second still quite restrained with the notes from the nose. But then it turns on: The spice is voluminous - salt, pepper, green olives, apple compote, peat smoke and tartier accents. Mighty creamy in the second part. With a wide mouthfeel it goes into the finish.
Finish: Rather medium-long - soft, dry-peaty and with decaying spice. Vanilla, cardboard, herbs, some honey and broken smoke. Only the dry peat echoes on the tongue for a long time.
Remark: The second part of the taste makes you want more!
91 points (nose: 90 / taste: 92 / finish: 90)
- Caol Ila has established his legend with this and other wonderful whisky. Nothing strange if is still one of the most popular distilleries in the world.
Sea, salty and sweet. Incredible flavours. (The bottle is opened more than 10 years ago). No less alcohol
Saltiness waves, olives, sweet and malt, at the end lots of spicy.
Long, long, long. Again salty and malt. Incredible
- A real must. An inusual Caol Ila with salty notes deep, almost olive. It impresses with a final sweet / salty. Incredible if I had not tried.
There aren`t smoky notes of the actual 12 years old.