- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- American Oak
- Number of bottles
- 59.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- 12/192 14:04 02 AUG 20
- Added on
- 09 Aug 2012 3:14 pm
44 × in wishlist
230 × member ratings
989 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 05.1 / 5_169
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.42 points
- Ralfy review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds9siZ5tkYA (87/100).
"It's almost a fragile, despite its huge voluminous peatiness, this is actually really quite a fragile whisky. Surprisingly so."
- Suddenly, a soft and sweet mole, instead of the expected dryness and brutality, an absolutely imperceptible fortress and phenology, by the combination of youth of spirits, fortress and saturation with phenols reminds young Ledaig with a smoky dominant instead of rubber.
Strong, open, smoked meat, smoke, warm coals cooling the fire, dry peat, soft rubber notes, smoked metal, charcoal filter, shoe cream, lemon, stone dust.
Unexpectedly sweet, lemonade, rubber, peppery wave, caramel, coal, creamy sweetness, oranges, orange liqueur, toffee with ash mixed.
Sweet-coal, ash, condensed milk, toffee, lollipops, coal, peat, skins of oranges and tangerines, candied ginger, candied kumquats.
- Its very good.
Wow, some shit in here, entertaining
Squeeze a lemon into an ashtray, and lick it out.
Big and impressive, sweet and massive smoke, some lemon.
- I really liked it, with water a bit too much bitterness and spiciness.
I like that. Peat, some thyme, citrus, frosting, very straightforward and clean. Less sweet with water, more herbaceous.
strong, rather cask strength, very oily, peaty, citrus. With water amazingly bitter notes and very spicy.
herb, citrus, peat, herbs.
- Tasting of 7 Octomores:
- + H2O: round and pleasant, finish more alcoholic
closed, alcohol, fruit
sweet, smoke, alcohol attack
so - the sweetness remains
- Not bad, but not great, compared to all the other Octomore's I've had, there is nothing special or spectacular about this one. Still a fine stiff dram when in need of some sweet peat and soot.