- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 1st Fill Sherry Butts
- 72073 - 76
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- for The Whisky Store.de Whisky Club
- Added on
- 09 Jul 2012 6:44 pm
2 × in wishlist
30 × member ratings
106 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet 1997 SV
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.15 points
- It was really good, there were still super exclusive bottlings for the Horst. Syrup berries full of flavor.
- Color: deep dark amber (amazing color !!)
- a top class malt
- probably the best club bottle that Horst has ever brought on the market (specially bottled in 2012 for "The Whisky Store")
- an absolute hammer for 45 € at the time !!!
- has a CLEARLY crass and extreme sherry taste than the original 15J bottling. and 18y. and also significantly better
- unfortunately no longer available, I would always buy it directly
a lot of sherry, sweetness, dark berries, oak in the background
very fruity mild start (sherry bomb detonates on the palate), mouth-filling, aromatic, mild and soft
long, soft, sherry-laden, dry finish and a beautiful aromatic long, sweet aftertaste
- what a hammer-Geiler Malt !!!
it has matured to the point
nice and pleasant sherry, polish, leather !!, light menthol, old wood, red candy, light caramel (so Rolo), sweetness comes
soft, silky and creamy on the palate
nice sherry, polish, light tobacco, old wood, blackberry, oak, dark caramel, slightly raisins, slightly sweet, slightly spicy
light leather, slightly nutty, red berries, old sherry, light oak, spicy
- The best club bottle they ever had in ...!
At the time for 40,00 € = fantastic!
[Color] dark amber;
a lot of sherry, sweetness, dark berries, spicy oak;
very fruity onset (sherry bomb detonates on the palate), ripe fruit, mouth-filling, aromatic;
long, soft, sherry-laden, dry finish;
- Tasting Notes:
- The nose reminds me a lot of a Glendronach Revival, and is ultimately the best part of this dram. It is only available in Germany though. Needless to say that I enjoyed it immensely and mid-range sherry drams coming from good casks are always a treat!
There is a pungent sherry impact on the nose, coupled with mocha and dark chocolate. Additionally, one can find oak and wood spice. Overall it is very sweet and the associated fruits are rather dark, dried, and even overripe – such as raisins, alcohol-infused plums from your grandma’s rum-pot. Incredible nose!
Packs a punch with tons of oak and sweet, sweet vanilla. The mouth feel is full and salivation is impressive.
Long and warming. Creamy vanilla and oak tanins linger for quite a while.