- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 53.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- bottled exclusively to commemorate the launch of Trump International Golf Links Scotland
- Added on
- 29 Jul 2012 6:01 pm
19 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
37 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1985
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.52 points
- Glendronach 26 yo 1985/2012 'Trump' (53.3%, OB for Trump Golf Links, Pedro Ximenez, cask #1036, 504 bottles) Colour: this is the sexiest colour in Scotchland, it’s fantastic. Nose: look at this nose, this big fat nose, it’s not flat like, for example, Haig Club. It’s so flat, total disaster. This is the best nose, love it. It is great. It’s so terrific. We have the best nose, this nose is a big plus. The Mexican whiskys, they call it tequila, have the worst noses, just look, no Mexicans in Scotchland, because they have Hadrian’s Wall. Look at that wall, it works, it’s great. The Scotch have made the Romans pay for it, they’re smart. Brilliant. Mouth: love it. The most powerful palate in the world. We invented it, you’ll love it, all the other palates make no sense, believe it. This one’s that good, it’s ridiculous. Ri-di-cu-lous. Isn’t it ridiculous? It’s the best palate, believe me, it’s great. Like fried meatloafs and cheese bites, they are terrific. With water: I tell you, I’ll bring back waterboarding in whisky, believe me. Finish: amazing. I’m automatically attracted to those finishes, it’s like a magnet. It’s so sad other distillers are forcing their most unwanted whiskys into the United States. So sad. Comments: this whisky’s so good, and so smart like me, I’m calling for a total shutdown of other whiskys entering the United States until our whisky writers can figure out what’s going on. Such a disgrace, it’s sad. But some news, I’ve signed an executive order that pushes all whisky manufacturers in Scotchland to return to the United States. I have a great relationship with the people in Scotchland, but we have to make our country great again. SGP:who needs that? - 100 points, it’s so good, it’s ridiculous, believe me.
- A very dry, but also very delicious GD, the reviews show it, almost all between 92 and 89, so very agree.
Very dry on the nose, beautiful grated nuts of all kinds, dry leather, orange bitters and blood orange, old carpet, thyme and oregano, tobacco light, old, dried up chocolate and a touch of match
Nutmeg, orange bitters, orange zest as well, dark chocolate chips, noble leather, rosemary, clove and blood orange, dark herbal honey, a bit dry earthy like a wine cellar, tobacco tin again, some raisins, licorice
Dry, orange bitters and burnt zest, dusty dresser, carnation, nutmeg and thyme
- Glendronach 26 yo 1985/2012 'Trump' (53.3%, OB for Trump Golf Links, Pedro Ximenez, cask #1036, 504 bottles) That’s right, cough, Donald Trump. Cough. It seems that he did not select the cask himself, as he does not drink. Cough. Colour: amber. Nose: there are wee touches of sulphur and mashed turnips at very first sniffs, quite some struck matches too, but it tends to become more and more ‘all right’, with the expected leather, tobacco, chocolate, raisins and beef jerky. With water: more cigars, and assorted (used) matches. Quite some humus too, musty old cellar, saltpetre… Mouth (neat): well, I have to say I quite like this palate, which is rather unusual. No PX sweetness, rather some game, Spanish ham, bitter oranges, earthy liqueurs, tar, pu-erh tea… But there’s also a strange sourness. Eglantine tea, perhaps? With water: same, not much changes. Finish: rather long, earthy, gamy, leafy, leathery. Comments: very fine, but Donald J. Trump can do better. Well, not too sure ‘bout dat... Anyway, several of these Pedro Ximenez casks are unusually un-sweet in my opinion. SGP:462 - 84 points.
- Sorry Serge & 404fred, you are now on the blacklist. Do not even think of entering the United States...
- Thanks to Serge :)
- Ha Ha :)
I like it 404fred, nice one.
- Two bottles signed by Donald Trump sold at GBP 2.300 on whiskyhammer.co.uk on January 8, 2017.
Another signed bottle went for a staggering GBP 6.000 at McTear's Auction in Glasgow on January 13, 2017.
And, yes, it's both before commission...