- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The 2nd Edition
- Stated Age
- 03 years old
- 1st Fill Bourbon Casks
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 18 Jul 2012 8:31 pm
20 × in wishlist
151 × member ratings
480 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 100% Islay
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.67 points
- A great Kilchman expression!
- Young but great composition
- Peaty lemon wow I like that
- Peter Wills, one of the sons of the distillery founder, was in Cologne for a Kilchoman tasting - while ghosts and ghosts were celebrating Halloween outside, we were able to devote eight different bottlings to the distillery under the guidance of Wills.
It started with a comparison of the 2nd and 9th releases of the 100% Islay.
It's amazing how close the two are, which quality the 3-year-old bottling already has. Of course, the 9th release has more depth and a much richer and longer-lasting finish, but you can find much that features the older bottling in the six year younger edition.
Basically no metallic notes, hardly any pear, but a pleasant lemon note, peat smoke, vanilla.
Blind he would taste on the tongue after more than three years ...
Here you notice the youth - the finish is short and crisp.
Soft smoke with overwhelm of coconut fragrance. After the initial hit,
get the pungent of soft pepper , and lightly mossy.
Palate:- Ashy, grassy, green and hint of coal.
Finish:- Medium finish, rusty mineral and quite chewy.But feel a bit flat some where, something is missing...lack some kick.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
peat, sea weed, ash, vanilla
charcoal smoke, peat, sweet vanilla
medium long, smokey and sweet
- Hay, ham, manure and a young porridgy sweet character.
I like the nose; the simple young farmy islay style.