- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- Fourth Release
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Refill Sherry
- Number of bottles
- 48.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 31 Jul 2012 4:24 pm
one in wishlist
24 × member ratings
8 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macduff 2000 Arc
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.64 points
- I have to agree with magic slim on this one.
- This one did not knock me off my chair. A quite pale experience despite not really having any major defects
Light crisp and complex nose, there is apples, orange, yeast, fruitiness and almonds. some sulphur is also in the palate
enters almost without tastes, then a sweet vanilla mixed with herbs appears
Slightly peppery finish fading out in a somewhat bitter taste
- N: nuts, nice sherry influence, orange, juicy apples, butter, floral, some leather, fruity - citrus and later comes the sulphur
T: bitter, very spicy, honey, fresh bread and orange
F: bitter, lemon, grains, pepper and the sulphur again
- Macduffs, e.g. the ones by Whisky-Doris, are quite unusual compared to other whiskies and are sometimes even a little strange. This makes them interesting, if you want to taste something out of mainstream, but in this case the outcome is not very much to my liking.
Warming, malty and cardboardy with sulphur, tobacco, leather and oranges. Quite intensive, unusual, but rather pleasant, if you can accept sulphur.
Smooth, a little unbalanced with cardboard and sulphur again. Notes of porridge, tobacco and quite a lot of pepper. Not really unpleasant, but also not much to my liking.
- Nose: Starts malty and a little beefy. Some fruitiness, citrus? Chocolate.
Taste: Malty, yeah citrus is back too!
Finish: Peppery and malty