- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Tro Na Linntean
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- American Oak Casks
- Number of bottles
- 59.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 03 Jul 2012 12:30 am
63 × in wishlist
254 × member ratings
956 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Port Charlotte PC10
33 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.99 points
- After the PC8 that I had in my beginnings, I was pleasantly very surprised by this PC10. An olfactory explosion with beautiful citrus aromas. Very oily, silky, a powerful peat but excellent in the mouth. Tastes of honey and caramel, a lingering length in the mouth.
- 22 21 22 22 87
- Tasted blind
Iodine, plasters, lemon, peach, apple, apricot, honey, vanilla, peat, unripe banana, salty and maritime.
Peat, tar, plasters, lemon peel, green apple, cinnamon, white pepper, peach, maritime, sea salt, burnt wood and toasted bread.
Medium, peat, plasters, cinnamon, lemon, green apple, peach, banana, sea salt, burnt wood and toast.
- more subtle, more worked, the wood feels more, always wet by a barrel of algae reclaiming greasy peat.
more character, roundness,
peat, glue, dry wood, some dried flowers, lemon and a slight vanilla return, it's still nice. spices are more on white pepper.
- A tad too aggressive to my liking. Diluting it with water helps a bit, but not much.
Fairly coastal, I'd say. A proper amount of peat and brine, accompanied by vanilla, ripe banana and pineapple. There's some cured meat here as well. Finally a whisper of lemon zest.
Aggressive! Big, big whisky. Lots of peat and tar, and lots of heat (chili peppers). It is slightly farmy, but mostly coastal. A touch of iodine, some salt as well. Whispers of citrus fruit.
The peat and the spices linger for a long time, before sweeter fruits take over.
- Blindly tasted with André during ProefOlympics 2017 May 6, 2017
Smoke, salty, with water he does not get much better. We think Ardbeg
Same as nose
Same as nose
- Tasted it blind during PO2017 (june 2017)
Vanilla, peat, iodine, fruits, citrus, berries, cocos, malt and some leather. The longer it stays, the more citric notes appear.
Sweet and waxy, vanilla, peat, iodine, pear and banana and some coffee/caramel
Quite oily and peaty, keeps lingering. Some caramel and chocolate.