- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Red stripe
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 55.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 13 Jun 2007 3:54 am
35 × in wishlist
157 × member ratings
353 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig Original Cask Strength
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.62 points
- Laphroaig Original Cask Strength. No batch number - this is the one before batch 001. Short review with Paul at Laphroaig distillery. Taste vanilla, soap, soft smoke, breathy ... surprisingly easy - lovely smooth grains and smoke. So easy at the abv, soft impressions of banana and salt, a little oak. Very balanced 3.75/89
- How can you not remember Bono and U2 with their «unforgettable fire». Very lively and fiery, like a writhing dragon, drink. In my glass, like Prometheus in his hand, the flame of fire. However, I will not take it to people, but will use it myself.
First the smoke, warm, like a log that hasn't been burned yet, warm smoke. Then there are smoked fruits and dried fruits, medicine and bandages are also here, but in small quantities.
The oily taste of sweet ashes, as if you took out a jar of jam from the ashes and tasted it. It's hot, it burns the sky, it blows smoke, and you swallow it.
This mass sinks lower and sets your stomach on fire, leaving a sweet and smoky aftertaste that paralyzes all the receptors in your mouth, which remains for a long time.
- Fine whisky, balanced, consistent, "loud". Great pleasure. There are no words, I want more and more ...
Classic, smoky, oak, medical, smoked, ash, sea salt, baked apple, straw, dried fruits, buckwheat honey, baked duck, baked potatoes in ashes, pickled watermelon, hint of rubber (gas mask), toffee.
Lots of smoke, knits, smoked, dried fruits, smoked oak chips, richly sweet.
Knits, smoked fruit, oak chips, baked apple, very long.
- Pretty good
Citric, smoked fish, peat, honeydew
Peaty, smoky, little salty, iodine, little sweetness, little woody
Medium long, warm
- Nice modern laphroaig, really drinkable
- Nose 23, taste 23, finish 22, balance 23
- tried it once, liked it a lot! got me hooked ever since ;)
- Laphroaig Tasting Notes:
Colour: Rich, deep gold
Nose: Powerfull, smoke and earthy aromas, seaweed
Body: Full bodied
Taste: Massive peat smoke, huge flavour, complex, seashore salt, fading sweetness at the finish
Finish: Long and savoury
- LAPHROAIG 10yo CASK STRENGTH / 57.3% (Incidentally, the current cask is 55.7%)
Dry iodine incense, calm down, smoked and refreshing peat incense.
While exciting and spicy, there are plenty of mortiest sweetness.
Minty cool refreshment, long finish with peat and dirty. http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/distilled1973/29449830.html