80.35/100
28 Jun 2012 8:57 am
ColoredChillfiltered

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Gold Cock 12-year-old

10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.35 points

1. TechnOBY scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

fruity, mossy, baked aroma
    • Taste
      Marzipan, orangat, bitter and bitter
      first something sweet, then harsh

2. Andreas W. scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

3. Marko_I did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

Solid whisky, interesting because something "different", nothing for the most demanding, but for only 22 € you can put it quite in the price-conscious whisky bar, almost a good "Zechwhisky" and you have an "exotic".
      smells clearly of whisky, but also clearly undiscussed, very open, fresh and fruity (quite a light fruit flavors, but not disturbing), hard pear, white grapes, some acidity (dry white wine), something reminiscent of the Penderyn Madeira, slightly creamy in the background , Vanilla, condensed milk
    • Taste
      sweet, creamy, vanilla, condensed milk, white chocolate ... something fruit, hard to identify, could be mirabelle ... longer in the mouth: latte, coffee, seasoning, wood
      Here the wood beats, spicy, slightly spicy, coffee stays on the tongue for a relatively long time

4. Conmai scored this whisky 86 points Expert Senior

5. HunterRomario scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

For the first time, I tasted it at this year's whisky festival, like a welcome welcome, and I had a good time at that time, because I was surprised by the way she greeted me. I've been waiting for the review because I wanted to buy the whole bottle. Now I've tasted it for about the seventh, most recently in the Ballantink test 12yo and Johnnie Walker Red Label that we had with Dad. The results of the comparison were rather leapy, with Gold Cock 12yo, the last of course Red Label, but I want to test Ballantinku with other rivals, and her review sometime later, after another comparative show. Dad tasted GC12 even more, giving 85 points.
    So, Gold Cock, single malt, twelve-year-old, whisky for the beautiful 424, - crowns. I also like the fact that the Vizovits did not stay at the forty percent but gave a more pleasant 43% of the alcohol. What about the money who wanted more? For me a great discovery and surprise, but as I read the opinions of others, so we do not agree very much about her qualities. So at least I would highly recommend it to all beginners, even those who think about buying a whisky and have deeper into their pockets. If they belonged to the group they did not like so much, they did not do so much. Yes, try this, for me it is a much better investment than Balvenie 12 yo Doublewood, which is more than twice more expensive and I would not recommend anyone to anyone, let alone beginners.
    I will add that I have my home version of 21st September 2011, I do not know how much different performance can differ.
      Honey-like malt, with heavy over-ripe fruit, gingerbread, occasionally sheds some winds (mint). (84 b)
    • Taste
      She also did not taste honey, honey, malt, ripe to mature fruit, spicy peppermint, and then a light veil of plum brandy. Pleasantly sweet. (84 b)

6. Georges scored this whisky 68 points Connoisseur

7. Georges scored this whisky 68 points Connoisseur

Light, peat, fruity (plums), vanilla, flat
    • Taste
      Sweet peat, vanilla, fruity (plums)
      Short, fruity, sweet

8. BeatF scored this whisky 81 points Moderator

Although - due to the incense - may have matured in a church crypt, it would not be too much sacrilege if this drop were processed in a fine mixed drink. And I do not want to go to court too hard with this Czech exotics!
      sourish malt, granulated sugar on icy glass, vanilla in the background, fruit brandy
    • Taste
      Perfume, pomegranate, red berries
      Plum brandy, vanilla, frankincense

9. Georges scored this whisky 68 points Connoisseur

10. Georges scored this whisky 68 points Connoisseur

Buttery
    • Taste
      Toffee, fruity
      Dry, leatherish