- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 22 Jun 2012 8:51 pm
6 × in wishlist
98 × member ratings
411 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 12-year-old
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.52 points
- Simple, boring but never bad
Old rubber, rough vanilla and grass
Smooth vanilla and woody tones
Slightly grassy aftertaste, short
- Light and floral/fruity with apple. An underrated classic.
- Nose: Gentle. Slightly spiced. A little butterscotch as well. Very pleasant.
Palate: Spice coming through with some cinnamon as well. Oak fused with malt flavor as well. Sorry if that’s a little silly but this is just a very subtle dram!
Finish: As gentle as expected based on the nose and the palate. Nice and easy but goes quickly. Almost calming in a way. Could easily knock back two and head to bed.
Overall Score: 85. Excellent stuff. I adore mostly all Glenfiddich to begin with but this has been a favorite of mine for a while. I will always recommend this one.
- Despite some throatburn a fine whisky
- Pleasant entry level dram.
- It is a very fresh and fruity single malt that smells very warm on the nose.