- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 6
- Stated Age
- 41 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 47.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 May 2012 12:10 pm
23 × in wishlist
115 × member ratings
86 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1971
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.90 points
- Whiskyauction.com 05-2018 €1727,00
- Batch 6 contains the following bottles:
1971 cask 1247
1978 cask 1068
1989 cask 4885
1990 cask 2966
1993 cask 536
- Colour: Dark chestnut
Nose: Prunes, morello cherries, old leather, hints of balsamic vinegar, orange zest, cardamom and nutmeg.
Palate: Prunes, cherries, cassis, strong espresso with a drop of balsamic vinegar, cardamom and nutmeg.
Finish: Very long, fruity and slightly spicy.
Overall: A quintessential sherry monster, old but not too woody, very rich with an emphasis on fruity flavours.
- Serge at Whiskyfun.com gave it 87 points. For complete tasting notes, pls. go to:
- Producer`s Notes
Apprearance:Rich mahogany with deep hints of cherry wood.
Nose: A crescendo of Demerara sugar and Pedro Ximenez sherry notes, and then drifting into the picture dark chocolate and figs.
Palate: Luxuriant chocolate-coated raisins, and a wave of spices followed by an explosion of sweet molasses, Demerara and mocha.
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2012 (MMA): 6th place overall and gold medal, with an average score of 90 points.