- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Towerhouse Label
- Sherry Casks
- 57.1 % Vol.
- 50 ml 1000 ml
- Added on
- 29 Aug 2008 1:52 pm
5 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
89 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour 100 Proof
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.91 points
sweet sherry, nice and spicy, honey.
sweet and malty and then quite spicy. A powerful malt in its way. Not over-sherried
lasts a good few minutes with hot spice and fruit
- A good but no outstanding Aberlour. Nevertheless, it impresses with its variety on the palate and is always worth a dram.
Very malty-nutty nose with appealing 57% strength, but neither piercing nor too dominant. Very lightly perfumed and with a very pleasant grape sweetness.
More wood on the palate than malt, but not unpleasant, raisins, more fruit than in the nose, very strong to slightly alcoholic, mocha beans, coffee.
Decent length and again a good portion of coffee beans.
- A good and "typical" Aberlour who is good with the 57.1% drinkable.
Quite malty-nutty, overall, the 57% are still in the nose, slightly perfumed-sweet.
More wood on the palate than malt, but not yet unpleasant, strong to slightly alcoholic, more fruit than in the nose, occasionally coffee aromas in between. Good with 57% drinkable, tolerates water, but then beware.
Good length, spicy and again with coffee flavors.
- Nice whisky, good price/quality. An 33.33 cl bottle â‚¬10,10www.whiskystore.nl/
- Long gone, no bottles in stock.....bought 4-5 bottles, so there's still some left...
- I would buy another one, for that price...
Where did you buy it?
- I paid â‚¬ 13,= for a 33,3 cl bottle last year...I know it was a bargain...but â‚¬ 152,=....?
- The only place I found this bottle (other then Whiskyauctions) was at the Whiskyexchange for 120 pound. So its actually 152 euro. If this Aberlour is worth so much money? I dont know, never tasted it.
- Isn't â‚¬ 140,= a bit high?