- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- New Label
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 200 ml 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 27 Aug 2008 3:51 pm
16 × in wishlist
224 × member ratings
561 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Mariner
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.57 points
- I like him. Light smoke, sherry and dry. In addition, a subtle, very nice matching sweetness. Could use 46% but otherwise a really great malt.
- Solid and delicious smoker.
First, typical Bowmorerauch, raisins, sea, mineral, seaweed, malt, pleasantly sweet, very subtle sherry, raspberry note
slightly cool, mild, smoke, sea, mineral, raspberry, nice sweetness, getting a bit bitter
thicker smoke, kelp, some oak and coffee combined with a pleasant "smoky sweetness", apple, medium long, clearly chocolate to the end.
- Ripe, round, a little Bowmore typical smoke, mineral, a little sherry, very balanced, the Brennereicharakter is pleasantly represented, campfire, malt, beautiful sweetness, dries off easily, a little vinous, apple comes through, and a trace of raspberry, great stuff!
- doesn't make me nervous but okay
Aprikosen, Äpfel, Zitronen, etwas Meerwasser, Mandelmakronen,
weicher Rauch, gelbe Früchte , Mandelmakronen, Schokolade, Bonbonsüße
leicht bitter werdend
Kurz bis mittel
> später etwas Malzsüße und Schokolade
- Nose before tasting has notes of green apple, raspberry, red berries, and light notes of citric, peat, paint, gum. Caramel, toffee comes after tasting. Taste comes with sea salt, oak, zest and tiny peat. Finish is dry, various and long also with notes of gum and peat.
- pretty pleasants, but it lacks a little more Abv, would make this one much better I guess.
A little smokey, bonfire. Leather, rubber, a bit of peat. Fruity as well, banana, pear
A little pepper, some fruits, citrus, a little of smoke. A bit pale, taste is okay but not very strong.
A little pepper still, some smoke and peat, again some citrus fruits. Middle long.
- Potentially a good mole, slightly spoiled by a commercial fortress, balanced, a drink, could be deep and saturated, but it did not work out.
Raw, cool, sea air, mineral tones, raw pebbles, light, subtle smoke, light notes of lacquer and solvent, drying plaster, raw planks after the rain drying in the sun, lemon liqueur, a bit of fruity and citrus motifs, on the whole very closed .
Woody lacquer, sweet, calm peppery wave, ginger, burnt sugar, fondant, jam with lemon and orange crusts, light smoke in the background, everything would be nothing, but obviously there is not enough strength - too flattened, too flaxy.
Continuation of taste, ginger, sweet tea with lemon, orange peel, light spicy oak, then smoke comes out with peat, after the first sips it seems short and poor, but later develops and acquires sufficient depth and duration.
- cool stuff, briny bowmore, very interesting
ripe fruits, round, typical bowmore peat smoke, briny, mineral, very balanced, touch of sherry, some destillate character left
campfire, sherry sweetness, very briny, caramel, malted barley, dries a little, winy mouthfeel, touch of apple, traces of raspberry
medium-long, mineral, still smoky and dry with a touch of oak