- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Rare Malts Selection
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- 62.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Aug 2008 4:22 pm
23 × in wishlist
73 × member ratings
116 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hillside 1971
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.66 points
- With its abv a really strong dram, high in minerals, some fire stone. Reminds me of some typical Glen Keith expressions... Peppery and long lingering, great!
- This Whisky was sold for 629 € at Whiskyauction in Apr.2016
This is a true classic from a long-lost distillery. The nose is dry and spicy with notes of cinnamon and black pepper. The taste is spicy but smooth, with hints of cinnamon and smoke with dried fruits underneath. The finish is spicy and nutty with hints of roasted almonds. Amazing!
Malty sweet, grassy, herbs, spicy, smoke, honey, toffee
Spicy, herbs,sweet, fruity (apricots), mint
Long, herbs, mint, bitter
- Light bodied. A pre dinner dram.
Hint of oaky vanilla. Resinous, pine. Hay barn. Sweet , fresh malt grist. Toffee and clover honey.
Minty. Tropical stone fruits. Dry maltiness.
Acidic apples. Pine resin. Herbal, minty.
- Unfortunately, I could only try once a small sip. With 62v% nose is frightened at first sniff, the second sniff emerge the sweet and fruity notes. Surprisingly fine and easy to drink for the 62v%, almost a walk in the pine or fire forest, refreshing and stuningly easy to drink. I like to have a second sip from that bottle, but at this prices?
- Had a dram of this nectar in the Nobody Inn near Dartmoor. Was very suprised, what a drink! Yes, it`s very very strong but the flavor is magnificent. I`m now looking for a reasonable priced bottle somewhere, but, they are mega expensive unfortunately.
Can`t understand the low rating really, it`s such a nice dram !