- Single Malt
- Jack Wiebers Whisky World (JW)
- Bottling serie
- Brass & Mining Collection
- Refill Sherry Cask
- Number of bottles
- 52.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Special Bottling for 2012 Whisky Fairs
- Added on
- 19 Apr 2012 10:54 pm
2 × in wishlist
17 × member ratings
12 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 1997 JW
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.60 points
- Relatively disgusting nose. Sour and sulfur. Tasty very tasty. Soft at first, then a little more hearty with salt and caramel sweetness. In the finish, the sulfurous notes come out of the nose again and stay there for a while. A very unusual malt, which certainly deters many.
- I think you either love or hate it or can't drink it. The latter for me. Sulphuric sour sherried baby vomit. Extreme none the less and I am sure it finds its fans, though it ain't me.
- Beautiful whisky! Hate or love it...
Stinky peat smoke. Very earthy and mouldy, typical for Ledaig. Lots of burnt rubber. Sulphur, gun powder. Some pepper, some salt. A little sweetness hiding in the back.
Sweet, powerful start. Vanilla, caramel. Dried sherry fruits. Then spicy oak with pepper. Very nice smoke.
Quite long finish. Malty, oaky, pretty dry. Warm ash lingering on.
- He has so much rubber in his nose wow that's really awesome. Tastes very delicious!