Hazelburn 08-year-old

Bourbon Barrel
Strength
23 Mar 2012 2:32 am

Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 08-year-old

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.00 points

1. Nezzer scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

Nose
    The nose has strong notes of vanilla but not just any vanilla; vanilla cake icing! I really like this. That cake icing note is the first I’ve experienced from a whisky.

Palate
    The first sip shows the youth and high alcohol content; it bites a bit. This is not a smooth sipper. After that, it becomes a little smoother but the kick stays. I really wish the cake icing was here but I have not been able to find it. This whisky is sweet, but for me the taste is undefined.

Finish
    Good thing the cake icing comes back in the finish. I like how it takes about fifteen seconds to come into existence and then fades until gone after a minute or two.

With Water
    A few drops of water take the bite away and give a better sipping experience. Oddly, the finish suffers a bit because the vanilla icing boat isn’t the same experience.

What I think
    No surprises here, for the age and distillation it does not disappoint. It’s not a bottle that I go to often but when I do, it’s not a bad choice.
    • Taste