- Single Malt
- Duncan Taylor (DT)
- Bottling serie
- Men O'Quaich Collection
- Stated Age
- 42 years old
- Fresh Sherry Octave Finish
- Number of bottles
- 44.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 28 Mar 2012 10:36 am
27 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
17 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1969 DT
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.74 points
- very fruity, dried fruits, sherry, toffee, demerara sugar, tobacco, orange zest, great
- Very fresh and vivid for the age, flawless sherry cask, not overpowered but balanced, lots of spices, pretty complex, excellent bottling - fantastic!
Head to head to the 1966 #1438 it is still good but cannot complete on the same level - thus, for me the 1966 #1438 remains the best Glenrothes ever.
Intense, truck loads of dried fruits, plums, dates, figs, prune, hints of raisins, xmas spice, nutmeg, tobacco, molasses, old sherry wood, acacia honey, brown sugar, hints of beef stock, whiffs of old books - great!
Punchy, very oily, creamy, liquorice, good sweetness, more dried fruits, more spices, cloves, nutmeg, pepper, gingerbread, hints of vanilla, acacia honey, sherry wood, toffee - excellent!
Long, warm, spicy, more toffee, more sherry wood, more dried fruits, still enough sweetness, little tannic, but not drying
- So, I prefer long aging in a Bourbon barrel, because a sherry casks can have a strong effect on the drink, which becomes excessive, rough, dominant. How many such disappointments there were! However, this whisky showed all the delicacy of sherry cask. Calm, confident in its merits, soft and elegant. The main gentleman!
Nose. Delicious, playing with tones of prunes, dried fruits and candied fruits, the aroma of fresh tea, autumn leaves in the forest. Flawless.
Taste. Marshmallows, marmalade, dried fruit compote, dry jelly and Christmas cake. I don't even want to part with it and swallow it. Very rounded and full-bodied drink.
Aftertaste. Bright, sweet, long-lasting and silky aftertaste.
Delicious, playing with tones of prunes, dried fruits and candied fruits, the aroma of fresh tea, autumn leaves in the forest. Flawless.
Marshmallows, marmalade, dried fruit compote, dry jelly and Christmas cake. I don't even want to part with it and swallow it. Very rounded and full-bodied drink.
Bright, sweet, long-lasting and silky aftertaste.
- I think this is the best Glenrothes I've ever tasted...