22 × in wishlist
344 × member ratings
807 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman Machir Bay
53 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.85 points
- Smoky, complex for his age, sweet, round but with a good punch.
- Very Laphroaig on the nose at first: smoke and ashes. Then, more sweetness with barley sugar, a hint of grapes and sherry. The storm passed, vanilla. On the palate, powerful and maritime, then more greedy with cereals, a prune side with honey at the end of the mouth. Peaty finish, fruity, a little sweet and very salty, very long on the ashes. Enthusiasm 3/5
- Straight smoker, a bit immature. 65!
Smoky, fresh, youthful.
Biting alcohol. Smoke. Slight citrus, slightly bitter.
Medium long, warm, ashy.
- Young whisky. Needs more maturation. Overrated.
w/o water: dry smoke. Minty. Dry lavender. Freshly clipped ivy. Light sweetness of dried flowers.
w/ water: more mild. More sweet. Less smoke.
w/o water: dry-sweet arrival. Development of dry heat to sharp nip.
w/ water: short, soft and sweet arrival. Very dry development. Briny smoke. Maritime notes.
w/o water: dry-spicy-sweety finish.
w/ water: briny, maritime, minral finish
- Nose: some light smoke, quite fruity with some smoked meat notes. tasty!
Taste: vanilla and peat, some hints of smoke and meat.
Finish: medium long.
- [October, 2012] I had this dram during a Prof. Schobert "Islay" tasting at Bonn.
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 80. My notes state a very immature profile (yes, this is underage whisky!). This bach was a multivintage release of 3+4+5 year old Kilchoman.
- I'm going to have to come back to this distillery in the future.
Burning. Faint peat.
Chewy and oily. A splash of sweet vanilla and then candied fruits. Nice balance of fruit and wood. Young and peppery. A mix of light peat and tobacco.
Long and lasting. Tobacco turning to leather and malt.
- A strong smoker, but otherwise mild, although so young, which one notices, good to drink, very tasty and uncomplicated. He has a few rough edges, but that's not wrong.
dry smoke, creamy toffee, vanilla, lemon, some menthol and malt
dry smoke, vanilla and some fresh lemon and menthol. Maltings interwoven in everything. A reflection of the nose
the smoke stays pretty long, in addition to the malting