- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Original Cask - Natural High Strength
- 54.4 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 13 Feb 2012 1:37 pm
30 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
24 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 1956 GM
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.60 points
- Tasted again from a freshly opened bottle - I can fully reconfirm my initial review notes and rating - just fantastic!
- 3 cl sample.
I have tried this one 2-3 times before and i´m always in heaven when i try it.
Mahogny colour, simply stunning whisky, this is why i started with whisky.
Sherry, figs, beewax, camphor, nutcreme, peat, oak, some smoke, sultanas, caramel, a little whiff of euqalyptus
Peat, sot, muskovado, orange peel, little pepperish, sultanas, slight of tobacko, caramel, some leather
Long dry oaky finish with orange peel or cest, some bitterness at the end
- just unbelievable
- Simply the Best Talisker I tried. Ultimate sherried Skye profile. What a dram!! From now on, when thinking of this distillery I will recall this liquid!!
Rich, full of dark fruits, spices, herbs, some peat, smoke, minerality, exceptional!
Flawless dryness, wood, sweetness, fruits, chocolates, warm, coastal, mineral, herbal, just amazing
Neverending, perfectly balanced, refined, evolving, dry, sweet, mineral, peaty, clise to perfection!!!
What an ingenious fruit combination is waiting for us here! Elder, raspberry and soft orange with a few wild berries in between. The rather subordinate seasoning leaves the other aromas enough leeway to develop freely, so that here tobacco, nuts, leather, cardboard, but also vanilla, honey, wood come together again with this great old sherry in its absolute purest form - simply fantastic!
Spicy and infinitely fat! What an exceptional flavor combination that combines everything you are looking for in a whisky. Best sherry notes, perfectly integrated oak wood, ripe nuts, wet leather, black elderberries, as well as old furniture, the finest herbs, tobacco, waxy honey - all together, welcome to the upper class!
Very long - without words, like the taste, just not quite as intense anymore - just wow!
N: 96P / G: 97P / F: 95P
- Dark, juicy wild berries contribute a very light acidity, which give the whisky a wonderful freshness, leather, tobacco, fine sweetness, dark chocolate, I don't know where to start and where to stop. Especially on the palate a poem, wonderful mouthfeel! Along with the 1955 Golden Eagle, the most outstanding Talisker I've ever had.
SLÀINTE! #Maltkanzlei (Facebook)
- ... tadting notes will follow soon
- Absolutly outstanding
- More woody and intense compared to the 51.1% 1957, dark fruits, leather, toffee, tobacco, a bit less obe possibly due to the darker sherry, brilliant
- I fully agree - wow!
What a superb sherried Talisker - very complex, balanced, flawless, drinkable and highly enjoyable - delicious!
Probably one of the best Talisker I had so far!
Very much comparable to the Talisker 1955 Cask 1310+11,1257 but even one tick better (h2h)!
Dried fruits galore, plums, figs, dates, little raisins, massive tobacco notes, hints of brown sugar and molasses, sherry wood, some spices, nutmeg, cloves, toffee, port wine? cognac? dark berries, cooked oranges, little menthol - superb!
Oily, creamy, liquorice, good sweetness, more dried and cooked fruits, more sherry notes, toffee, chocolate, tobacco, spices, little acacia honey, hints of old books - excellent!
Long, warm, fruity, little herbal, little woody, not drying - great!