- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Number of bottles
- 59.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 Aug 2008 7:32 pm
59 × in wishlist
92 × member ratings
138 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 25-year-old
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.63 points
- What's remarkable about this whisky is the balance. Despite the high ABV, this whisky is on point. In fact, there's no need to add water. The marriage of good casks, including excellent sherry casks, and peat make this a total winner. No complaints at all. Would like to seek out a bottle. 92 points, and maybe even 93 points if I am able to drink this from my friend's bottle again. Would eventually try this side by side with the 2005 25yo that I have.
- This Talisker exceptionally tolerates water:
It opens better in the mouth and becomes more complex, softer, deeper
The finish becomes more subtle and smooth, salt, lots of malt and delicious clover sweetness ... and now comes smoke and tobacco and the finish becomes long
I actually recommend a little water here
that's a very special 25y ...
yes, I'm in heaven
Cherry jam, sea water in puddles, the beach after a warm summer rain, the smell of beach carnations, pepper and juniper berries,
wet flotsam, wet wood, salty damp air, wet sand,
nutty with chocolate and fruit, vanilla and hay flowers
when swallowing a warm fire runs over the tongue, soft and cuddly
becomes a - wow - intense chili catch on the palate and in the throat, which smokes smokily all over the mouth
medium to long
Dark chocolate, a lot of malt with the typical sweetness of Talisker
a beautiful Talisker finish that comes again and again
Copper / rust red
Pepper, sherry, pepper, sherry ... plus a sparkling spice with dull leather, lots of fruit sweetness, orange peel, fine oak wood, gunpowder, detonating cord, wet coal, cold ashes, lead, brook stones and lots of minerality. It continues with honeycomb and hints of overripe elderberry and rhubarb - all together a perfectly complementary nose!
Fireworks start: sherry, oranges, tobacco, wood, black powder, fuse, black elderberry and a very salty spice - you do not have much to say, just outstanding!
Long - spicy, fruity-fresh and filled with invigorating wood. Add tobacco and smoky humidor flavors at its finest. But also herbs, caramel, vanilla, honey and the ever-present gunpowder note in the background.
With the best thanks to our friend Horst for this sample !!!
N: 92P / G: 94P / F: 92P
- A big whisky and one of the best Talisker (if not the best) I have ever tasted. Very pure, but water only unfolds its full potential!
- A really great whisky. The oak is strong, but still fits great.
The nose is incredibly beautiful. Spices, cloves, oak notes, kelp, a hint of harbor basin, peat notes, marzipan, orange peel, with a nice sweetness, almost a little sherry. With a little water the aromas become even more intense and the orange notes as well as the maritime appear more clearly.
Undiluted quite vigorous. Neat pepper in the mouth, a little salty, first the orange notes, get over time the oak notes, the spices the upper hand. A touch of water emphasizes the orange notes, but the pepper is very present. I particularly like these old, but not musty oak flavors.
Oak, peat, some menthol, orange oil, maritime notes. In the end, peat, oak and fruity nuances balance each other, all seasoned with a little bit of menthol and dried fish. Long finish.
- Talisker, 1975, 25 years, 59.9% Impressions during the mara-tasting from 29.03.2008: Dark amber, very oily, pearls stick to the glass, in the smell a lot of sweetness with oranges, leathery, with peat and smoke in alternation with the sweetness, maritime, in the taste sweet and salty at the same time with the oranges, the phenolic components are very harmonious, very Complex appears as tobacco? You would have to drink more of it! Very long lasting, great! With water, the smoky character is enhanced and reminiscent of bacon. Color / impression 19 points Body 19 points Smell 19 points Taste 18 points Finish 20 points Overall impression 95 points
- The first one and the best one. A real Talisker.
Complex. Sherry tones and sweetness. Peated and peppery. Also traces of orange, orange cake, vanilla fudge and chestnut,honey.
Bitter oranges,icing sugar,peat. Complex with tobacco, dried ginger,dried mushrooms. Also salty tones. Lovely.
Long and balanced . Fruity and peaty/peppery.