- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Scotch Malt Whisky
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Round top of green label
- Bottled for
- A. Gilles & Co. Distillers Ltd. Glasgow
- Added on
- 04 Feb 2012 2:35 pm
one in wishlist
22 × member ratings
28 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Scotia 05-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.00 points
- I picked up a miniature of this at auction for very little, but still feel I paid too much. Glen Scotia is usually weird, and this is no different in how it combines fruit and cardboard notes so effortlessly. The question of course is, why would you? Not all whisky was better in the old days.
- I liked it better this time round, if you like light fruity whisky, this is for you. A simple profile.
Smells fruity, honeydew melon, and some lime and melted butter.
A little thin on the palate but a 6 year old Clynelish Van Wees I had a few days ago was just the same. I suppose it is expected on young light styled whisky like this.
I get melon like the nose and hot croissants.
Longer than expected on sweet honey and fruit.
- The palate is better than the nose.
- Glen Scotia 5YO 1970`s bottling by A. Gilles
& Co., 40%. Fruity aroma, passion fruit, melon, pear, lime, malt,
mint and a hint of smoke. Marzipan sweet taste, peat, pepper, malt and
grapefruit marmalade. Medium long, malty and spicy end.