- Single Malt
- C&S Dram Collection (C&S)
- Bottling serie
- Dram Collection
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 59.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2012 11:14 pm
7 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
36 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 2001 C&S
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.92 points
- It improved after the bottle was open for a few months - I have to increase my rating...
Sweet sherry wood, vanilla, nutty, little toffee, plums, blood oranges
Oily, liquorice, nutty, woody, salty and sweet, vanilla again, even a bit leathery - not so fruity on the palate
Long and burning
- In the nose, harbor water is the first thing that stands out. There are also notes of caramel, herbs, orange and dried plums. In the mouth then he started very strong, A full wave of sea water, with some fruit and oak. The finish then has a salty spice and some sweetness. The finish is medium long with dominant oak at the end.
- I love this fat sherry and the "filthy" Bunnahabhain a really great whisky!
juicy sherry, orange, apricot, herbal and also something like car exhausts (positive)
Grapefruit in semi-sweet cake dough
the whisky is clearly on
fruity, but also "dirty"
Mandarins, almonds and apricot kernels
a lot of alcohol, everything bizzles
a lot of sweetness, sea, watts and iodine
intense, I seem to have just got the right amount of water
fruity, barrel and then the "filthy"
Sweetness with seasoning on tap
- Aroma: sherry, oak, bitter choco (with more than 75%), a hint of smoke, with water: sherry, oak, the smoke disappears, vanilla, nougat, white chocolate, herbs, marzipan, sweet, citrus, cocoa, Nutella (with H2O, true, but hard to find!), heavy, tobacco, mint, herbs;
Taste: Light smoke, bitter, fast (a lot of H2O), strong, nutty, oak, coffee, hazelnut, orange
Conclusion: a force in a bottle! Quite delicious, other flavors and aromas as usual, very complex for such a young whisky!
honey, dusty & musty, dark wholemeal bread, nice oak level, also with some oak bark, some caramel-chocolate, rum raisins, mint/after eight, slight nose prickle, turpentine, (88)
W Water: more vanilla, less oak more cereal, slightly perfumey/floral now, (84)
noticable alc, but nice vanilla, mint, cereal, oak right next to it. (85)
W Water: creamy-ness more upfront, but also more cereal notes (84) Comes together better after quite a while (86)
similar to the nose, the sweeter sherry influence comes in only on second thought towards the end, [at a guess, this was an american oak sherry butt...?], still some honey, nice oak without much dryness but rather a nice creamy-ness, mint/after eight, (87)
W Water: creamy-ness continues, now with some faint white couverture notes & green grapes (weisse schoko weintrauben...) (87)