- Single Malt
- The Whiskyman (TWm)
- Bottling serie
- Sympathy for the Whisky
- Stated Age
- 24 years old
- Number of bottles
- 54.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Jan 2012 10:00 pm
29 × in wishlist
122 × member ratings
171 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Littlemill 1988 TWm
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.78 points
- Mamamia! Oufti! OMG! What a slap. THE fruit bomb. No flagrant herbaceous (but floral anyway), but what fruitful fruity end to end! I love it, it's just sublime.
Warning ! Fruit basket (exotic) fresh! Wooot! Green banana, ripe banana, juicy mango, apricot ... A subtle cloud of pollen dust twirling here and there. After a good ten minutes, the floral side is more present, sliding more and more of the petal of lily to the daisy stem.
Apricot syrup coated with orange blossom honey. It gives a good image of the trick: a sweet fruity bomb. The fruits swell in the mouth, more and more stewed and sweet. Juicy tangerine and peach in the lead.
Long. Apricot peel, a flick of exotic spices. The syrup lasts a moment, before gradually giving way to exotic spicy spices.
- One off my favourites!! Nice fruitness and citrus!!
- Littlemill - 24yo - D. 1988 - B. 2012 - 54.2%.
Nose: This Nose? This is realy unbeleavable! Lots and lots of citrusfoods, as well as banana's, ginger, cardamom and vanilla fudge(hummm).
Taste: all the same as the nose, even better I would say, cause of the river "lemon"! Lots and lots of lemon, thanks to Whiskymon!
Finish: there's Greg Lemon and only whiskymon. And nobody else!
Score: 90 p.
- Fruit salad, pretty, pretty, pretty ...
- Nose: starts malty. After a while the lemon kicks in. Candies. Earl grey tea. Limoncello.
Taste: citrus but also some bitter notes, malty and something "dirty".
Finish: long with some bitterness in the back of your mouth.
Special but not exactly my taste.
I tried this again now 3 months later! It is intriguing whisky, you keep on trying
to find out what exactly it is you taste. It is all on citrus, all kinds. Liquor with citrus, candies with citrus. The problem is I start to like it more and more. I almost finished my sample bottle so maybe I should buy a whole bottle!
It is certainly not very complex but it keeps you busy. And the finish goes on and on and on........
Okay I like it...... I scored it 85. To low I think now,
I will make it 88. It lacks complexity for me to raise it to 90
- A very unusual Littlemill but maybe because of that very impressive. What a nose! And the taste follows the nose. Remarcable. Another great selection of " The Whiskyman" Dominiek.