Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Littlemill 1988 TWm

Bishlouk gave this whisky 93 points
Color
Amber
Nose

Attention ! Corbeille de fruits (exotiques) frais ! Wooot ! De la banane verte, de la banane mûre, de la mangue juteuse, de l'abricot... Un subtil nuage de poussière de pollen virevolte de ci de là. Après une bonne dizaine de minutes, le côté floral se fait plus présent, glissant de plus en plus du pétale de lys vers la tige de pâquerette.

Taste

Du sirop d'abricot enrobé de miel de fleur d'oranger. Ça donne une bonne image du truc: une bombe fruitée sucrée. Les fruits enflent en bouche, de plus en plus compotés et sucrés. La mandarine et la pêche juteuses en tête.

Finish

Longue. De la pelure d'abricot, une pichenette d'épices exotiques. Le sirop perdure un moment, avant de céder progressivement la place aux épices exotiques picotantes.

Comments

Mamamia ! Oufti ! OMG ! Quelle claque. THE fruit bomb. Pas d'herbacé flagrant (mais du floral quand même), mais quelle gourmandise fruitée de bout en bout ! J'adore, c'est juste sublime.

scotpeat
scotpeat
Expert Junior scotpeat Note
07 Sep 2015 10:25 am
scotpeat gave this whisky 94 points

One off my favourites!! Nice fruitness and citrus!!

I_SPEY
Expert Senior I_SPEY Note
21 Mar 2015 4:07 pm
I_SPEY gave this whisky 90 points
Littlemill - 24yo - D. 1988 - B. 2012 - 54.2%.
Nose: This Nose? This is realy unbeleavable! Lots and lots of citrusfoods, as well as banana's, ginger, cardamom and vanilla fudge(hummm).
Taste: all the same as the nose, even better I would say, cause of the river "lemon"! Lots and lots of lemon, thanks to Whiskymon!
Finish: there's Greg Lemon and only whiskymon. And nobody else!
Score: 90 p.
"One cannot hurry the little grey cells, Captain." Hercule Poirot My Collection
djoskar
Member Junior djoskar Note
12 Mar 2015 3:37 pm
djoskar gave this whisky 91 points

Salade de fruits, jolie,jolie,jolie...
Excellent!

TheNose
Expert Senior TheNose Note
09 Jun 2012 10:13 pm
TheNose gave this whisky 88 points

Nose: starts malty. After a while the lemon kicks in. Candies. Earl grey tea. Limoncello.

Taste: citrus but also some bitter notes, malty and something "dirty".
Finish: long with some bitterness in the back of your mouth.

Special but not exactly my taste.

I tried this again now 3 months later! It is intriguing whisky, you keep on trying
to find out what exactly it is you taste. It is all on citrus, all kinds. Liquor with citrus, candies with citrus. The problem is I start to like it more and more. I almost finished my sample bottle so maybe I should buy a whole bottle!
It is certainly not very complex but it keeps you busy. And the finish goes on and on and on........
Okay I like it...... I scored it 85. To low I think now,
I will make it 88. It lacks complexity for me to raise it to 90

gunnie76
Expert Senior gunnie76 Note
13 Feb 2012 3:14 pm
gunnie76 gave this whisky 93 points

A very unusual Littlemill but maybe because of that very impressive. What a nose! And the taste follows the nose. Remarcable. Another great selection of " The Whiskyman" Dominiek.

markjedi1
Connoisseur markjedi1 Tasting note
03 Feb 2012 9:07 pm
markjedi1 gave this whisky 90 points
Color
Old gold
Nose

On the nose - oh my God, what is this?!? This is by far the weirdest Littlemill nose I have ever had. It bursts with guimauve. Excuse me? Do you know those pink/yellow/white/orange candies in the form of Virgin Mary statues, often received by kids during the festive season? That is guimauve. And this Littlemill is the liquid form of it. It takes quite some doing to find the fruit in there, but it is present in the form of grapefruit, pineapple and oranges. Finally some white chocolate and aniseed. Very special.

Taste

It is very soft, but very peppery and quite bitter. Yep, the tropical fruit passes the tastebuds again, but is pushed in the corner by the oak. Some coconut is trying to break through, but to no avail. And still. It works. In fact, it works wonders.

Finish

The finish is soft, bittersweet and medium in length.

Comments

My first reaction may have been somewhat fierce. But I really had to take my time with this one. In the end, not only is it very good, it is also very special indeed. Unique, I daresay. A gamble in my opinion, but one I believe will pay off big time. Sympathy for the Whisky, aptly named!

Mark Dermul - Toshan Man