Glenmorangie Artein

700 ml 700 ml 750 ml
L11 341 6ML
16 Jan 2012 6:49 pm

Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie Artein

42 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.21 points

[September, 2017]  I bought this bottle for 60 Euro in April, 2012.  Somehow I am in the mood to do a proper review of this whisky that I drank that often already.

The colour is burnished and the texture shows slow legs and fat sticky tears (that promises a great mouthfeel).  The nose offers a bold sweet winey and vanilla-toffee profile with some delicious homegrown fruits aromas that is all nicely balanced.  The mouthfeel is exactly as the texture promised:  warming and instantly coating with a slight peppery feeling.  The taste is very rich and creamy again with strong sweet wine flavours and honey-driven toffee notes within a firm wooden structure.  I like that even if it is not very complex - but who needs complexity in such a quaffable profile?  The finish is of medium length and adds some spicier flavours to the taste that are highly welcome here.  Some water releases more aromas both in the nose and on the palate and I like it better with some drops added.

This is an easy and dangerously quaffable dram that should not be analysed but simply...enjoyed!  Slainte!

2. Dre73 scored this whisky 86 points Connoisseur

Nice warming and fruity whisky with some vanilla and caramel notes. Oily structure, quite full-bodied for a 46% Abv.

3. Mark-E scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

4. Hvdree scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

5. BSWproject27 scored this whisky 89 points Expert Senior

Color - Deep Blood Orange Red
    Tasted on 04/28/2012
      Rather light at first sniff. Rose wine? Brown sugar, apple sauce and pineapple. Interesting stuff.
    • Taste
      Very smooth on first introduction to the palate. More fresh apple peels, citrus and pear notes with oak cask and a light, pleasant spice.
      Not terribly long. Spice lingers some. The nose and palate surpass the finish on this one. First time sampling a single malt aged in super Tuscan wine casks. Nicely done Bill!

6. ARDBERG scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

Can't follow Dr. Bill on this one. I find the body and finish not too pleasing. I have the feeling of drinking two separate drinks. The (seemingly sweet) whisky and the quite dry wine in the finish that is not well incorporated in the whisky ((((at all)))). Tasting it blind, it seemed like a dry sheery, which was confusing due to the sweetness of the dram, but after getting to know it was wine, I detected some traces of it. The bugger, as always, but it remains in imbalance to me and tooooo sweet. Nevertheless, I am happy to have tasted it.

7. DavidH. scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

8. stefsel111 scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

9. OlivierSegers scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

• Taste

[June, 2012]  Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 59 Euro in April, 2012.

[October, 2012]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 54 Euro in Mai, 2012.

[November, 2012]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 54 Euro in October, 2012.

[December, 2012]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 54 Euro in October, 2012.

[May, 2013]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 54 Euro in October, 2012.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it four times 90 and two times 87,5.  My notes state simply a dangerously quaffable dram...