- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 28 Jul 2008 5:00 pm
12 × in wishlist
135 × member ratings
369 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Spey 12-year-old
24 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.07 points
- I'm glad it's just a rehearsal. If I had to drink the entire bottle ...
Apple, light, only a little alcohol. Very pleasant
Soapy bitter. Not nice. After a while the taste of apple seeds, which I did not like as a kid.
Due to unpleasant taste too long.
- He is out of round and the alcohol is not very well integrated; first watery then oily. You will not get the fresh citrus flavors here but rather the artificial or perfumed version. The bitterness also works - 15.12.2017
Newsprint, cardboard, lemon, cereals, liquid wax, ethereal, mint, vanilla
Malt sweetness, watery texture, spicy, short sweet and sour interplay then oak already sets in, earthy, herbs, bitterness à la walnut, rye bread, the bitterness lingers a little longer but towards the end again sweet and oily, wild honey
- has a sauté note for me - could be a very dry sherry keg I find him a bit weak and immature for his price - blindly I would classify him in the 30 € class.
old cardboard box, sweet and sour with lots of vanilla, some wood, marzipan, some lemon
Cardboard again, slightly alcoholic, slightly bitter, mineral, slightly waxy, fruity sweet with a hint of white wine, elegant acidity, cinnamon, nuts, oily and viscous
quite short, sweet, slightly watery
- At first glance, the taste is very straightforward and quite alcoholic. Nothing worth remembering
- Although the palate reveals it's youth, this is a solid dram. It's creamy, a little fruity and in the finish also spicy. A nice combination of youth and wood.
fresh, juicy and waxy, with a bit of minerality. There is plenty of malt in the nose, together with beeswax and a bit of vanilla. There is ample fruit too, with pear, apple and sweet lemon. The nose is complemented by a solid backbone of grass.
A bit young still. Malty, a bit on iron, bread, cake dough, pastry, green apples and gooseberries. Behind that, some vanilla and grass.
Moderate, malty, creamy and a tad spicy. Ginger bread, danish pastry, peach, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Sweet sour, grassy, marzipan. Hay and wood shavings. Feels a bit young on the nose.
Sweet, again marzipan. Wood sap. Youngish. Not very active casks.
Silky, but not really oily
Medium. Again the wood sap. Some raw wood as well. A bit sweet and again a hint of marzipan.
Price: Don't pay more then €50,-. Everything else is speculation.
Sober and decent as all F&F