- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 28 Jul 2008 5:43 pm
23 × in wishlist
197 × member ratings
560 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Spey 12-year-old
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.20 points
- Sweet and estery on the nose.
Round, warm and spicy on the palate.
Spicy, medium on the finish.
Not bad with some fenegriek cheese.
- Nose: Cream, butter, butterscotch, malts, honeycomb candy, toffee, ripe banana.
Body: medium thick, bit young, sweet, smooth, but also a bitter.
Finish: spices, dry, some sweetness than a grapefruit & spices bitter with salty licorice.
Delightful. Nose is the star. The somewhat bitter finish the weaker part.
- I'm glad it's just a rehearsal. If I had to drink the entire bottle ...
Apple, light, only a little alcohol. Very pleasant
Soapy bitter. Not nice. After a while the taste of apple seeds, which I did not like as a kid.
Due to unpleasant taste too long.
- He is out of round and the alcohol is not very well integrated; first watery then oily. You will not get the fresh citrus flavors here but rather the artificial or perfumed version. The bitterness also works - 15.12.2017
Newsprint, cardboard, lemon, cereals, liquid wax, ethereal, mint, vanilla
Malt sweetness, watery texture, spicy, short sweet and sour interplay then oak already sets in, earthy, herbs, bitterness à la walnut, rye bread, the bitterness lingers a little longer but towards the end again sweet and oily, wild honey
- has a sauté note for me - could be a very dry sherry keg I find him a bit weak and immature for his price - blindly I would classify him in the 30 € class.
old cardboard box, sweet and sour with lots of vanilla, some wood, marzipan, some lemon
Cardboard again, slightly alcoholic, slightly bitter, mineral, slightly waxy, fruity sweet with a hint of white wine, elegant acidity, cinnamon, nuts, oily and viscous
quite short, sweet, slightly watery
- At first glance, the taste is very straightforward and quite alcoholic. Nothing worth remembering