- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Malt Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 30 Dec 2011 4:42 pm
12 × in wishlist
72 × member ratings
453 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Yamazaki 12-year-old
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.57 points
- from the "good Yamazaki" the cheapest. He does not come close to the 18s, but is much better than the 10yr, which is nothing. A good whisky also for guests. You have something right, so you do not have to be ashamed. Nevertheless, do not spend too much on bananas who probably can not appreciate expensive whiskys.
in German: Tsu drinke good. Cat drinking nothing, woman drinking and Kollega. mer gutt than 10yr that nothing good. Taste like wood candy, with nothing to it. Breis is ok, but fil more expensive, dan nix mer buy that. make little drunk, must saufn almost half pulle. drink ganse pulle, you then "remangé", that is French, are automatically zurukessen, comes alone. Since all wisgi schmekke, abr nothing fröide.
- This whisky tastes like a creamy ripe fruit. The nose reminds me of springtime when everything is blooming. Different fruits like Apple, orange, apricot combined with flowers and honey.
When tasting it feels like satin touching the tongue: an oh so creamy texture that gives a very soothing feeling. The body is an extension and a confirmation of the nose.
It ends rather dry but sweet and more fruit,sugar,vanilla before it gently slips away like it was never there.
This whisky made me smile, happy and springtime would be an excellent season to enjoy this. Late hot summer eves would also be interesting.
- Hard to put a finger on, but still, a little too simplistic.
Something missing - worth 85 point.
Tasted : 9. March 2014.
Sugared with nut oil, apricot, orange zest, caramel, jasmine vanilla, honey, a little apples, cinnamon and muscovado sugar.
Smooth and soft with good sweetness, citrus, tropical fruits, a little rum, candy, honey, malt, cloves and cedar wood.
Medium length with notes of pineapple, apricot, dry wood, a little sherry and slightly bitter and a dry end.
- "Both Suntory YAMAZAKI 12- and 18- year old single malts are aged in casks of three different kinds of oaks: American, Spanish and Japanese. This gives Suntory Whisky its unique quality. Each drink has a distinct taste. The 12-Year is a medium-bodied whisky with the aromas of dried fruits and honey. It has a delicate, mellow taste with a lingering, woody, dry finish." - Distillery
- Aged in casks of three different kinds of oaks: American, Spanish and Japanese.
Flowery. Fresh herbs. Biscuity.
Lightly clean and sweet. Honeyed. Intense.
Burst of concentrated perfumy sweetness, balanced by cereal-grain notes and Japanese oak.