- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Rare Malts Selection
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- 54.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Jul 2008 10:12 pm
35 × in wishlist
95 × member ratings
98 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Brora 1975
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.35 points
- My favorite of the evening, notes of kennel after the rain, sea, peat, fruity-sweet-spicy to taste, great balance 23-24-23,5-23,5
- Very typical Brora on the nose, more on the fruity side on the palate - very good overall
Intense, fruity, citrusy, little vanilla, minerals, whiffs of smoke, seabreeze, iodine, little honey - very good!
Punchy, oily, waxy, subtle sweetness, fruity, spicy, peppery, ginger, vanilla, little oak wood, yellow fruits - still good
Long, burning, zesty - water recommended
- I can drink this kind of whisky anytime, anywhere - the best for me in everything. In my humble record, one of the best I've drunk.
Nose - 23
Taste - 24
Finish - 23
Balance - 24
Rating - 95
- http://kaypingers-whiskyblog.de/frontend/fullarticle.php?id=297 Color: pale gold / dark straw Nose: wax, leather, peat and a salty spiciness with rich fruit flavors of mango and peach. Maritime hints and damp straw complement the leading flavors and draw a great overall picture in the nose! Taste: Salty-spicy-powerful! Starting with full fruit: lime, papaya, mango and peach! In addition, vanilla and peaty smoke, dull and dry with old cardboard box and soft ash. Now the honey-rich fruit sweetness is spiced up with fresh mint and it gets a bit more peppery towards the finish. Finish: Long and still with decent power! The fruity taste components are now peaty and accompanied with smoky almond / vanilla flavors. Absolutely delicious and with a fantastic balance! Comment: Thanks Gunnar Nilsson for this delicious drop! 94 points N: 92P / G: 94P / F: 95P
- Simply amazing. For its age this Brora is yet the best one I tried (out of 5 Brora's I tasted). I was surprised that it has beaten Brora 9th Release - 30yo in my own rating). It has all the characterstics we love Brora for.
- 23 24 23 23 93
Ether and power, endless from and to,
and the backyard of the village of Kleinelish, incomparable!
- Ekstreme maritime salty i fond abote the same nose in the blendingroom at Dewars intresting!
Maritime sweet sitrus, salt, pear,lime,complex stuff
Sweet, spisyness is bilding up sogar from the wood,wod spises,pear,plum,sweet aple,aprikos
Complex finnish oily loving this
- Peaty waxy fruity herbal punchy and elegant, a brilliant whisky
- This Whisky was sold for 655,-€ at Whiskyauction 11/2015