Goldlys 1991

Bourbon Wood
Strength
28 dec 2011 7:28 pm

Whisky reviews for Goldlys 1991

One user has left a review for this whisky. Average rating is 73.33 points.

1. peathead scored this whisky 79 points Expert Senior

I don`t know what to think of this one.  I has matured for 20 years in a bourbon cask ... BUT ...
    If there are Flemish or Dutch forum members who know the 1990 Vintage Jenever 43% by Filliers they`ll know what I mean.  From the moment I popped the cork a very strong scent of bourbon filled my nose instantly. It resembled sooo much to this jenever that I think it must be the same cask.  All I could taste were all the typical characteristics of bourbon.  I might as well bought a bottle of real bourbon instead of this single grain whisky.  It was way too dominant so I let the bottle breath for about 3 hours before closing it again.  Now the bottle is about half full (no, not half empty) and the bourbon influences are less dominant.  I can taste more `grain` flavours now, but still ...  It`s a pitty that`s all.  I wonder what the result would have been when this whisky was matured in a (refill) sherry cask.

KVK: 60207205