- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 15 Aug 2007 10:00 pm
28 × in wishlist
324 × member ratings
693 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Longrow 14-year-old
32 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.33 points
- Salty orangeate, mighty peat, but little smoke (!), Intensive and complex. Great.
- Balanced and softer dozens, but a dozen touches more
- Molt like and not too complicated and deep, but invisibly tightens, there are new halftones, interesting development in time and almost a merged taste / aftertaste, a good balance, in general there is something to see and what to spend time on.
Raw, light, smoked, hot-smoked fish, an empty smokehouse, smoked wood, the cool coals of a campfire flooded with water, a burnt newspaper, a little lemon and mineral tones in the background.
Slowly, the pepper wave is developing slowly, although it's not the wave, but the slow flooding, against the background of coal and smoke, burnt crackers, then the sweet and sour dominant with smoke and smoked foods in the background, lemon in tea, rhubarb, bitter chocolate.
Continuation of taste, the transition is almost imperceptible, more bitter chocolate, leavened notes, dark beer, burnt caramel, over time, the lemon peel, which is very long, is brightly displayed.
- let it oxidize
smoke, stewed dark fruits, orange marmalade, minerals, brine, fish oil, floral perfume
orange bouquet, smoke, coastal, briney, orange marmalade and oily butter, marzipan, citrus zest and orange peel
medium-long, sugars, marzipan, stewed fruits, long orange-y smoke at the back followed by orange peel malted sugar sweetness
- N: Fruity, melon skin, perfumy, varnish,green olives, touches of french cheeseM: Velvet texture, spicy,milky, farmy peat, pears coated with milky chocolate and infused with peat
F: so velvet and long some kind of undefined fruit puree
- I like this grotesque whisky, but hard to point.
Today the peaty, medicinal, smoky line goes down to each other.
But the 88 points another time will be occur.
Iodine tincture and adhesive plaster. Orange liqueur, BBQ, copper coins, earth. Peat and smoke.
Big dose of peat and medicines. Bittersweet citruses. Cough syrup. Pepper. Honey.
Medium length, smoky and fruity.
- [October, 2012] I had this dram during a community tasting near Bonn. I bought the bottle for 61 Euro in October, 2004.In
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. My notes state this was the weakest Longrow I had so far due to an unbalanced profile with a lot of flaws (that result in unpleasant aromas)...